What's a good light for a 3 gallon?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
6,790
Reaction score
5,317
Location
GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The display is almost a foot deep. All softies, mainly zoanthids. Just want to know what's out there for nano.
 
Just about anything you get is going to be overkill for the tank, no mater what you get. I personally would get a kessil a160we with the gooseneck and have it turned down. That is going to be your easiest option to mount the light and cleanest looking I think. Plus that way when you decide to upgrade you'll already have a light that can handle the tank. Just my opinion.
 
Just about anything you get is going to be overkill for the tank, no mater what you get. I personally would get a kessil a160we with the gooseneck and have it turned down. That is going to be your easiest option to mount the light and cleanest looking I think. Plus that way when you decide to upgrade you'll already have a light that can handle the tank. Just my opinion.
I would get an AI prime as you can control it with your phone with the built in wifi
Thanks guys. I have leds on it now with 10k white and actinics'. Just don't know hoe well that's working. Is just some of my zoas are reaching for the stars....mainly fire and ice. Most of the rest of them flat with the plug and those are on the bottom and the fire and ice is up higher. I wish they weren't so picky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new