What's a good quiet overflow box?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaijai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jaijai

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2014
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas NV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I what to know how to make a quiet overflow box or if I can just buy one somewhere. What's good and the most quiet one?
 
I have been very happy with my Glass-Holes overflow.....the 1500 gph on a 90 gallon DT. Compared to a conventional overflow, it's a fraction of the size. It comes with everything including the bit to drill your tank. Here it is on my tank right after it was installed.




 
Last edited:
gl*******s with a lid, very nice overflow. Reef savvy will be very nice, but you can't be GHs for the price.
 
I have a bean animal,overflow on my main display and I love it. If you have the time to make and install it that is what I recommend. If you don't want to bother go with the glass-holes overflow. For the price it's a really nice kit and super easy to install. As for the ghost, it's nice but last I heard they still haven't produced any for sale since that first wave. Correct me if I'm wrong though...
 
29g

dont mean to hijack this thread but what would be good HOB Overflow for a standard 29g? Thanks!
 
Last edited:
My glass holes overflow is extremely loud, can't seem to get it quiet. I'm not happy with it.
 
Hi.I wanna diy a ghost overflow for my 130G Tank. I wanna know, what is the best overflow dimension (external and internal) and drain pipe size is perfect for building it ?my return pump is 1600G/L
Thanks in advance
 
My glass holes overflow is extremely loud, can't seem to get it quiet. I'm not happy with it.

Is the drain going to the sump exiting below the water level in the sump? If not extend that and it helps out a lot. Then in the overflow box put something on top like a sponge to quiet that part down. I've done this on every glass-holes overflow I've installed and it works like a charm.
 
Is the drain going to the sump exiting below the water level in the sump? If not extend that and it helps out a lot. Then in the overflow box put something on top like a sponge to quiet that part down. I've done this on every glass-holes overflow I've installed and it works like a charm.
My glass holes kit came with a acrylic piece that closes on top of the drain
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new