whats a good tripod?

  • Thread starter Thread starter macawmagic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
3
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well now that i've got a macro lens...I need a better tripod. I was talking to the guy at ritz camera and kinda got a clue of what i'm going to have to spend...but fighured I'd talk to you guys for more opinions. right now I use a tripod that my mom got for $1.99 at Target. LOL. hey it was only 2 bucks!!! what kinda companies should i be looking at for a better tripod? I know diddly squat about them other than it's going to run me like 4-500 for a good tripod and top piece. I figure if i search craigslist and ebay I might be able to find a used one a litttle cheaper. but first I gotta find out what I need to be looking for.

any good company names to look for? photography forum for sale sections? anybody got a tripod they don't use? lol

one feature i noticed on the tripod at Ritz was there was a 1.5' extension that folded down for good top down shots.

also, i'm going to need a trigger cord button thingy (don't know the technical name...lol) will any do, or are there better ones than others?

I ask cuz i've realized photography is just like fish tanks...spend the money right the first time and you won't regret it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new