What's a "High-End" acro?

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a biological difference? A difficulty curve with certain species of acro? A threshold of colorfulness? Or is it just a marketing term?

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a biological difference? A difficulty curve with certain species of acro? A threshold of colorfulness? Or is it just a marketing term?
Its my opinion that it is only a marketing term. "high end" just means expensive lol no one wants to buy coral labeled expensive zoas, acros, ect. so the term "high end" was introduced. "high end" gives the feeling of having something special...high end zoas, acros, ect. its very clever and works very effectively to the human ego and pride.

coral is coral. are some more colorful? Yes. are some harder to grow? Yes. Are some more rare? Yes. But they werent made with "higher" or "lower" quality parts. They werent engineered with percision that took a ton of man hours. They were made as they are, grow in the ocean, we collect them and then somehow label some as "high end" or "low end".

Are certain plants labeled "high end" or "low end"? Animals?

Just my thoughts on the subject. It seems to me all coral are "high end" as they are truly special and full of wonder! :)

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slow growing, mulitcolored, not as hardy species definitely commends a higher price. If the colorful, highly desired pieces were hardy and everyone who bought one can propagate them, prices would come down. Its those that keep on dying in regular hobbyists' tanks due to slightest parameter change, those ones the vendors can ask high prices for them

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back