What's eating my hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefer024
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefer024

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
267
Reaction score
279
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on? Emerald crab, pistol shrimp, coral banded shrimp, harptail blenny only possible culprit. It had a small piece out of it then it was all of a sudden like this today. Within a small amount of time as I observe my tank through the day.

IMG_20210228_180110940.jpg
 
Do you have any type of urchin? I had the same thing happen on a few torches, before I realized one of my urchins would do that. I believe it was unintentional, but occurred because they were eating coralline encrusted on the skeleton.
 
I had an emerald crab do that to one of my torches. Never went after the live tissue, but dug a hole in the skeleton. Was really irritating the torch, so I relocated him to my nano.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new