What's going on with my leather?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aumming
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aumming

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a neon toadstool leather. I've had it for about 2 months now and it was doing fantastic. 2 weeks ago its polyps stopped extending and it shed. After shedding, polys extended for a day and then this started to occur on the surface. It's a crusty white starting to cover it. I have another toadstool leather in the tank at similar light levels and it is showing no problems.

IMG_0625.jpg


Stats:
PH: 8.4
Temp: 77-78
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: ~15
Nitrites: 0
Calcium: 350
Phosphates: .9 (on the way down, I'm running both a refugium and phosguard in a reactor)
Alk: 12
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new