Whats going on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dfrashid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dfrashid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
260
Reaction score
139
Location
Hayward
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a green file fish that nipped this coral (he's gone now)(better home) anyways I thought this was growing a new head but now it looks like its about to break away this is a candy cane coral
20221222_131409.jpg
20221222_131404.jpg
20221222_131334.jpg
 
I had a Bowerbanki colony do something like this. It was another form a self propagation and it ended up dropping a tiny baby polyp that has now grown into a whole new colony over a couple years. Not sure if Candy Cane corals do that, but it’s what it looks like to me!
 
I had a Bowerbanki colony do something like this. It was another form a self propagation and it ended up dropping a tiny baby polyp that has now grown into a whole new colony over a couple years. Not sure if Candy Cane corals do that, but it’s what it looks like to me!
69E9D83B-D116-45F1-A807-A994FAE0F22F.jpeg

Here’s a shot of the baby that dropped and what I looked like within a month or so. Now it has 20+ polyps.
 
I had a Bowerbanki colony do something like this. It was another form a self propagation and it ended up dropping a tiny baby polyp that has now grown into a whole new colony over a couple years. Not sure if Candy Cane corals do that, but it’s what it looks like to me!
Wow I hope so makes me super excited thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new