what's it worth? local pick up

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought I would post this local first, trying to get a feel to see what this is worth. I got this from a customer of mine, it has been in storage since 1989, this was a killer setup when it was up and running, it was a centerpiece in the doctors office, I tried to get this tank in the early 90's and he wanted 4,500 for it and all the goodies that went with it,and a couple of smaller set ups as well, I went by last summer and was doing some work for them and they asked if I would like to trade out some of my bill for the tank, I said sure, guess I should have considered this a little more carfully, it took three guys and a truck to move the tank out of storage, this thing has 1/2" glass all the way around, and a corner overflow, unfortunatly the stand is in sad shape, and part of the canopy is siliconed to the top of the tank, not sure why, I was thinking about building this tank into the wall, and have since decided on a larger set up the size is 18" w x 22-24"deep x 72" {6'} long, I am guessing it s volume at between 125-134 gallons, it is dirty and dusty, the items in the tank do not go with it, we taped the edges when we moved it.
big ole tank setup.jpg

OP
OP
sprinklerdudes

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its not worth much, but would make a good sump, or project tank for raisng fish etc. ole lady said its gotta go, I have about a dozen empty tanks sitting around and several mismatched stands, gotta trade off or sell some of this stuff.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back