What's on the agenda today?

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What's everyone up to today??
While I'm still waiting for my PCR results, today is maintenance day!

Prepping a 15g water change on the 110 and gonna try like the Dickens to set up my GHL 4e. Everything is in German, and I don't spreken... So lots of videos for me.
20211127_111243.jpg

Then upgrading my old gyre wavemaker on the 55 to the Maxspect 4k I won from @Zoanthids !
20211127_110933.jpg

Then sorting out old junk I can toss and listing things that still work work, but I upgraded.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For weekly maintenance, today is water test day. I try to test everything once a week including temperature, salinity, pH, nitrates, phosphates, alkalinity, calcium and magnesium. I also mix up a fresh batch of saltwater for water change day tomorrow.

I picked up four new frags from the LFS Black Friday sale yesterday, so I'll be keeping an eye on them to make sure I don't see any issues. I already dipped them and inspected heavily for pests, but I like to keep an eye out in case I missed something. The lights just came on over the tank and they're looking pretty happy so far.

I'm also working on a 10 gallon budget build for the bedroom, so I'm going to test the water for the rock I'm curing and work on cleaning and painting the old 10 gallon tank I'm going to use.

Other than that, we just setup the Christmas tree yesterday so my daughter and I are going to decorate the tree! :)

Here's the tank this morning after the lights just came on.
1127211115a.jpg

New splatter hammer frag opening up.
1127211114a.jpg

JF Jack-O-Lantern Leptoseris
1127211114b.jpg

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great day for aquarium maintenance!

1) Refilled Kalk dosing container with RODI water and the Kalkwasser
2) 15% Bi-weekly water change (now moving to monthly)
3) Harvested 1/2 gallon of phytoplankton and setup container to grow next batch
4) Topped of ATO reservoir with RODI water.

Now time to enjoy some college football!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually going to put off tank maintenance until tomorrow. My parents are coming over today for Thanksgiving so the only tank work I am doing today is making sure they look as clean as possible.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today chill, yesterday I sneaked away and did maintenance:
Cleaned skimmer cup
Changed filter sock
Cleaned glass
Dosed 50ml phyto
Harvested 4l of phyto and started a new batch
Cleaned scrubber screen
Dosed Vodka
Ran RODI for ATO
Cleaned 3 powerheads
Vacuumed BB
Again today chill lol

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Update :
I didn't get anything done yesterday that I wanted to. Instead, I took lots of naps!
Tired Good Night GIF

On the bright side, my PCR results are negative! The downside of that is I have to go to work tomorrow... Lol

Today is the day though! Water changes must happen before all the coral I got ships out!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding the tank .I've just about finished making 50 litres of rodi water so can start mixing salt tonight then tommorrow do weekly wc.thats about it,will test parameters tommorrow just before wc then test again the day after wc.

Other than that just finished our tea ( was sausage casserole and mash potatoes and mashed suede/ carrots.
And watching Shrek 4 on TV with little one and after she goes to bed will ask the Mrs to help me get wood and foam out the loft and tommorrow start building my Christmas Village I used to do ( not done for last 2 years as scared little one would destroy it ) but she 4 now so hopefully listens when say don't touch its not a toy.but with all the singing and dancing and flashing lights im sure she won't be able to resist to touch it lol.
Here is 2 attempt I did 2 and 3 years ago,I make it different each year and takes around 2 weeks at roughly 5 hours a day to complete it,so im hoping can do it before go on holiday on 8th December which I think is less than 2 weeks now but we shall see ^_^

Last edited:

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change yesterday. I got two firefish and a ruby red dragonet on Friday, and they are all MIA, the firefish are hiding in a hole and I’m not too worried about them, but the ruby red being missing is a little concerning. I’m not to the point where I’m going to tear apart the tank, but I hate not knowing if they’re okay.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back