What's on the agenda today?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an aiptasia in my office tank, which has never had an aiptasia before :eek:

Was sitting on the dead side of my pavona. Pulled the pavona into quarantine. At home now gearing up for tomorrow.
Swirling Go Away GIF by Rise Records

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an aiptasia in my office tank, which has never had an aiptasia before :eek:

Was sitting on the dead side of my pavona. Pulled the pavona into quarantine. At home now gearing up for tomorrow.
Swirling Go Away GIF by Rise Records
I used joes juice for the first time, it DOES work. Thats after aiptasia x, filefish, klein butterfly, "peppermint shrimp"...

Also tried fire, thermobaric weapons and just plain foul language. None of those worked :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite Monday yet, but here's the whole week's agenda and then some: Get the tank ready for these guys!
1685943688527.png

That means:
1. cleaning up the sand bed
2. decide where all the zoas are going and get them glued down (they're currently just laying about in plugs)
3. getting this guy transferred from the nano over to the 40g (I'd like him settled by the time the new inhabitants arrive)
PXL_20230601_165152253_exported_stabilized_1685662789099.gif

4. move the corals over from the nano
5. get an acclimation box
6. get the pistol shrimp out of the nano... oh boy
7. get the clowns, CUC and pitho crab out of the nano
8. get the RFAs off the rocks in the nano...

SO much to do! Going to need more coffee...

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My agenda today is to survive repainting the walls in our 2 story house stairwell. I'm home alone and have to be up high on a ladder which usually means I'm more than likely going to fall and hurt myself. Maybe I'll break some teeth today! The walls also have to come out absolutely perfect to appease my OCD. That's not much ask for, right?

Last edited:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite Monday yet, but here's the whole week's agenda and then some: Get the tank ready for these guys!
1685943688527.png

That means:
1. cleaning up the sand bed
2. decide where all the zoas are going and get them glued down (they're currently just laying about in plugs)
3. getting this guy transferred from the nano over to the 40g (I'd like him settled by the time the new inhabitants arrive)
PXL_20230601_165152253_exported_stabilized_1685662789099.gif

4. move the corals over from the nano
5. get an acclimation box
6. get the pistol shrimp out of the nano... oh boy
7. get the clowns, CUC and pitho crab out of the nano
8. get the RFAs off the rocks in the nano...

SO much to do! Going to need more coffee...
I never understood the shrimp/goby paring! Not being a butt just honestly curious about it...

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to survive day 4 of Oil Inspector Training. The previous three days have taken about 3 years.
My current mood: IMG_6865.jpeg
I guess the good news is the San Francisco food is good if ridiculously expensive.

One of the few good things about San Fran. Worked out of Oakland for years and always looked forward to heading across the bridge to try something new!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the few good things about San Fran. Worked out of Oakland for years and always looked forward to heading across the bridge to try something new!
It is so much colder than I expected! It’s my first time to California. I knew the ocean was cold but not the land.

My work friend is trying to convince me to move to the SF office. I wouldn’t move for San fran but it does have a few positives. Namely Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, and the other US pacific islands.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so much colder than I expected! It’s my first time to California. I knew the ocean was cold but not the land.

My work friend is trying to convince me to move to the SF office. I wouldn’t move for San fran but it does have a few positives. Namely Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, and the other US pacific islands.
Yeah, Nor Cal especially the bay is COLD. Not so much the temp but the constant wind and dampness. That weather your currently seeing is about 8-9 months out of the year, Slightly colder Nov-Feb.

I did a lot of work in the Pacific from '09-2015 with my previous employer @ all of those islands listed along with a few other countries on the ring of fire, I wouldnt change it for the world. Got to see a LOT of the world for free and it opened my eyes a LOT about how the rest of the world works.

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tests done this morning.all within range but nitrates still barely detectable having upped feeding & cut nopox out so mixed up some nitrate for spare dosing head.some glass cleaning & mainly admiring my new 24k torch from the coral barn :)

Attachments

• PXL_20230608_154651695.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230608_154651695.MP.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 21

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back