Whats the best feeding method for Acans and Blastos?

StingrayKurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing i feed my acans now are krill. And my blastos i feed them liquid phyto and zooplankton. Are both those methods ok? what are the best foods to get them to grow at a faster rate?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix up a bunch of food even prine shrimp or cyclopees flak in a cup and turkey baster them a bit to get them to open and then go through and do it again when there feed tentecals are out.

Just my 2 cents

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the turkey baster cyclopees, brian shrimp, krill and flake. I try and feed an hr or so after the lights go off.

As far as growth, consistant water params, feeding and lighting are the key.

OP
OP
S

StingrayKurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i just got my new frag of blastos to eat some mysis so im excited that i have a frag of healthy blastos. i guess ill just keep doing the krill thing with my acans and brain and mysis for my blastos because when i feed my fish live brine the corals will sometimes pick it off too. Does it matter if you feed your corals with the lights on or off? I always feed with the lights on.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always feed mine with the lights on, it has never seemed to matter much. As far as acans I just got some Aussies and they seem to be continuous feeders. I feed them and about 2hrs later the tentacles are out again. Repeat, repeat....They don't stop.

OP
OP
S

StingrayKurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dustincombs-- how many water changes do you usually do in ur tank a month? I exchange 5 gallons of tank water with 5 gallons of r/o mixed with red sea coral pro salt every week. in my 29 gallon biocube.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Stingray

How do you like the Red Sea Pro? I have been using it for about 8 months switched from Reef Crystals. I have had very good growth and parameters...

I think your water change schedual is pretty good the RSP has giving me the best test parameters of any salt that I have tried from water change to water change, I do about that much(5g) sometimes 10g on my 40g long once a week......

OP
OP
S

StingrayKurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the RSP is definatly worth the extra bucks, my corals grow incredibly fast it seems everytime i look in my tank there is a new polyp of something and that is saying much because i only have a few things in the tank right now.
And Azurel as for aussies wanting to eat much i know exactly how you feel my acans are constantly wanting krill and i feed every head! i feed them all once a day putting peices of krill and some heads even whole krill in their mouths.

Zoanuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dustincombs-- how many water changes do you usually do in ur tank a month? I exchange 5 gallons of tank water with 5 gallons of r/o mixed with red sea coral pro salt every week. in my 29 gallon biocube.

I do a 25-30% water changes weekly.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an ugly acan and I feed it using a piece of rigid airline size tubing. I place a pellet of food in the tube and direct it to the opening of the acan. By the time the pellet makes it's way down the tube I've had enough time to aim the tube at it's mouth.

This is a very time consuming way of feeding, but I only have one ugly acan so I don't need to feed that many mouths.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back