What's the best phosphate checker

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna check my phosphate. I'm not having any issues but what would be the best checker to give me a rough idea of what I'm looking at here. I don't really wanna go buy the 50 dollar hanna checker but if it's the only one that's worth anything I will.

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ULR Phosphate OR if you're wanting a reading that is slightly more accurate the Phosphorus checker might be for you.
That being said, the ULR Phosphate checker is more functional for most users and is the one we use in our facility. Its simpler to understand and gives us good-enough results.
Make sure to get a good microfiber cloth to clean the cuvettes and depending on how often you test you'll want to order replacements for yourself

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after trying few different brands for PO4 test, I find Hanna's the easiest and most precise to use. No more trying to guess test color to figure out level. I recognize the upfront cost for Hanna may seem high but in hindsight I wish I would've just bought this from the beginning instead of wasting $ trying out the cheaper kits.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna for me but the best of the rest is the Elos HR Phosphate test kit, its as good as the Hanna but its a colour match, which for some can be difficult but i find it easy.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna ULR here also. The H1-736 phosphorus
Here’s an easy conversion chart if you purchase that one
C44F2A46-1E53-4E1D-8353-455D2A0B1944.jpeg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna check my phosphate. I'm not having any issues but what would be the best checker to give me a rough idea of what I'm looking at here. I don't really wanna go buy the 50 dollar hanna checker but if it's the only one that's worth anything I will.
The best checker to give you a rough idea is Salifert, IMO.

I have a Hanna low range, it is accurate. I can see if you are a doser of phosphate where it would have a place. I don't want to have to worry about buying extra cloths, extra cuvettes when they scratch. I had to go on the internet to really understand how to use it after I messed up the first few tests.....if you order one you might as well order more reagents the kit comes with a handful of reagent packets.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna ULR phosphorus salifert is impossible to read at low levels

Back