Whats the ideal number of green chromis??

edwinlyh0108

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45cube nano tank that im thinking of putting a school of green chromis.

All i have are two baby clowns and a fire shrimp.

How many green chromis would be the ideal number to raise without any fighting??

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None as said above, they are too "10 little indians" for me. They either fight and kill each other or get uronema and die.

I did have a tripe of blue/green's that went the distance, initinal pair was several years old + one additional out of a shoal of 5.

El Toro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45cube nano tank that im thinking of putting a school of green chromis.

All i have are two baby clowns and a fire shrimp.

How many green chromis would be the ideal number to raise without any fighting??
I currently have 8 Chromis, a Mandarin and a pair of Occ. Clowns. I purchased the smallest babies from my LFS. It's a bit like buying puppies vs. an older dog, much easier to train. Make sure they have plenty of feedings, places to hide and a big upper water column. Staghorns or Birdsnest coral also allows them to hide whenever they feel threatened just like on the big reef.

Some chromis love to play in high flow, others tend to cluster or group in lower flows. Like puppies, buy the carefree daredevils.

I have a huge copepod colony that they feed on all day so I feed miniscule amounts of flake foods 6 times daily as a supplement. Remember, their mouths are tiny.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back