What's the longest you've gone without feeding your fish?

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of percs, pair of black clowns, couple of pseudo’s and a Klein’s butterfly and I don’t feed my tank at all. Reef has been established for over 8 years. All are healthy.
Huh? How is that possible? Poor fish

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and 23hrs 59min
My longest was 11 days, FW and SW.
1579054750248.gif

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's the longest you've gone without feeding your fish? Mine was 2 weeks because of being out of town. Everyone was fine and healthy when I got back. My suspicion is that there's enough food in a mature tank that the fish would probably be fine for a good while if I didn't feed at all (not that I'm planning to test that theory).
a week - no problem

awais98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the fish and what you feed them.
If it’s a large established than and it’s not anthias who wants food 3 times a day..... you could go by easily for 2 weeks( atleast that’s my tolerance)
Fish can start eating corals too if they are re hungry lol

simple get a reliable automated pellet feeder ... like Eheim and you will be good to go!!

I have 2 damsel fish in a QT with a lot of chaeto in there.... and light.... I don’t feed them for weeks and they are just fine......
I’m sure there are stuff in the chaeto that keeps them fed....

Charlie C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the longest you've gone without feeding your fish? Mine was 2 weeks because of being out of town. Everyone was fine and healthy when I got back. My suspicion is that there's enough food in a mature tank that the fish would probably be fine for a good while if I didn't feed at all (not that I'm planning to test that theory).
Currently in week three due to a long ski vacation. However, my Apex is telling me all equipment is functioning well so far. The fish have an auto feeder to feed them. Did plenty of testing before this trip so hopefully all is well. I’ll know for sure in 3 days when I return home.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to Kauai in April to propose to my lady...I have to find someone to watch the tank for a week. I wish they could go a week but I don't want to take the risk. Plus my ATO will need to be topped off. Longest I've ever gone was two days.
Take food and place into individual plastic baggies labeled with day and pert information

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pic. I honestly don’t remember when I fed the tank last. Maybe 6 months ago?

721C53CD-9E82-4349-A522-BB4E0CA03691.jpeg
Awsome looking tank, but dont understand the reluctance to feed you fish?? Is there a methodology you are trying to achieve?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 43.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back