What's The Most Annoying Thing in Your Tank?

Kit_Kat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond goby. Think's its his mission to completely alter the landscape of the tank every couple of months...including where frags go, like in his den.
Not to mention they dig worse than a dog! I have 2 of them along with holes under every thing!

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryopsis(going on 3rd treatment of fluconazole, because the type I have needs a 6 week cure and not the typical 14 day), cyanobacteria(2 months of blowing it off the sand bed and live rock 2-3x a day. It comes back in 2 hours like I never did anything), and a Dwarf Flame Angel doing mock charges at my Carberryi Anthias about 20-30x a day.
Same with the cyano and bryopsis. I'm on my second treatment with fluconazole. But now the bryopsis seems to have out competed the cyano and is growing on the sand too now. Lots of work keeping it at bay but I notice it's falling off the rocks now so it seems like the fluconazole is starting to work.

Dr.Xipoles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cleaner and peppermint shrimps. They steal the food from my corals but the cleaner is the worst as it takes food from inside the corals out. I put him in the qt for now.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gold head sleeper goby. I hate this fish and can't catch it. It scoops up sand, swims up 8-10" and then filters it out all over my corals. Has killed quite a few things

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Been kinda Leary on using it.
Don't be. It is pretty much the only way to get rid of it. Cleared my tank both times. Just my bryopsis is the special kind. A special kind of pain in the butt that takes 6 weeks. You just need to let it sit and do its thing. Have NCreefguy or Jose Mayo checkout what kind you have on the nuisance algae forum on R2R. My tank was plaqued with it. Knocked it down to about 1/8 of what it was. Also my GHA is all gone. Just turf algae remains and some small bits of bryopsis. I can finally see my rocks again!

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green mushrooms and bubble algae. I just tore down tank and pulled several rocks out covered with mushrooms. I took a knife and scraped off lots of others. I wore eye protecting while doing this and I had t shirt on with the arms cut out of it. After I was done washed my hands good but not my wholes arms. That night I had red rash all over my arms... I hate mushrooms ..

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia.....never again will I allow this crap to go in my tank. Cut, rip, tear it out and it just comes back. I could sell 50 frags of it today if I thought someone would buy it.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a xenia once. Thought it was pretty cool. Was running some carbon pretty aggressively and within a week or two, the xenia completely melted away.
It was either that or the toadstool released something that killed the xenia.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it’s been said, but my system as a whole can be an annoyance. Amazing one day, looks like crap for the next month. But it has given me patience, as I have found myself less likely to be so jumpy when there are issues. I find myself less likely to try and throw everything in the book at a problem so quickly, I.E. dosing a million things to try and fix something quickly. Not sure if it’s from the past defeats(crashes, bryopsis, coral losses) but my tank feels like taxes. I’ll always be putting money into it..
Another is frags getting knocked over my cuc. How much glue and epoxy does it take??!

tony'stank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame hawk - beautiful and interesting but he has decimated my CUC. I can’t keep any kind of shrimp, crab or lobster, he attacks and kills them all

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back