What's The Most Annoying Thing in Your Tank?

OP
OP
BootyPup

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it as a beautiful bright green strand of silk flowing in the current and enjoying life among the pristine reef...... LOL

You see, I honestly wouldn't mind it too much if it weren't for a few reasons. One of which, it getting EVERYWHERE, and also if it wouldn't scare me off of holding the rocks. I personally hate small little bugs/animal things or whatever, anything small and crawly will generally cause me to want to die, so when I am holding the GHA and feel something I freak out XD

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You see, I honestly wouldn't mind it too much if it weren't for a few reasons. One of which, it getting EVERYWHERE, and also if it wouldn't scare me off of holding the rocks. I personally hate small little bugs/animal things or whatever, anything small and crawly will generally cause me to want to die, so when I am holding the GHA and feel something I freak out XD
I can totally relate! In fact, I won’t touch anything in my tank without gloves, literally nothing ever. It freaks me out. I don’t know what tiny hidden creature might stab/poke/poisen/bite me (probably nothing but w/e). Tongs every day all day, they are my best friend. Could be yours too!

OP
OP
BootyPup

BootyPup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimp is a pain at feeding time stealing food from corals .
I can understand that, personally mine is more like a little puppy, he doesn't steal food but every now and then I will give him some of it and watch him enjoy his munchies. The biggest issue with my cleaner shrimp is him wanting to hug my hand.

I can totally relate! In fact, I won’t touch anything in my tank without gloves, literally nothing ever. It freaks me out. I don’t know what tiny hidden creature might stab/poke/poisen/bite me (probably nothing but w/e). Tongs every day all day, they are my best friend. Could be yours too!
I should honestly look into getting tongs, I made my own little pokey stick with like 12 skewers stuck together with rubber bands XD

mikes686

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralline. ..although the calories that I burn dealing with it are helpful, I guess.

The stuff plates like crazy... here is a year on a Tunze. In another 6 months, it will completely close off all of the openings if I do not soak them in Muratic Acid mixture.

I have a black female clown that has drawn blood.
Can't you just soak it in white vinegar and water for a few hours? It works on my equipment.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry but that’s adorable and hilarious.

My wife has named him trouble maker. The worst part is he always get the new frags, but it's always 2-3 weeks after they are in the take so I'm not actively oogeling at them.

Muscles83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond goby. Think's its his mission to completely alter the landscape of the tank every couple of months...including where frags go, like in his den.
Haha! I just got a diamond and I call him my excavator for what he has done to my sand. Guessing I'll be cursing him sometime in the future.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryopsis(going on 3rd treatment of fluconazole, because the type I have needs a 6 week cure and not the typical 14 day), cyanobacteria(2 months of blowing it off the sand bed and live rock 2-3x a day. It comes back in 2 hours like I never did anything), and a Dwarf Flame Angel doing mock charges at my Carberryi Anthias about 20-30x a day.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand that, personally mine is more like a little puppy, he doesn't steal food but every now and then I will give him some of it and watch him enjoy his munchies. The biggest issue with my cleaner shrimp is him wanting to hug my hand.

I should honestly look into getting tongs, I made my own little pokey stick with like 12 skewers stuck together with rubber bands XD
I use them daily. Just get some, they’re really cheap and endlessly useful.

AnakinReefWalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dealing with a terrible algae outbreak. It is everywhere, on the sand, on the rocks. The worst part is sometimes my fish knock some algae pieces off, and these algae pieces get stuck on my overflow, then they grow fast, so I find myself cleaning my overflow teeth every day to prevent clogging. Also, clean my pumps every other day because they get clogged by the algae. The most annoying part isn't the added maintenance, it's just annoying how crappy everything looks :/

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Dinos. 2. The tangs when trying to feed the anemone as they keep stealing it’s food. 3. The wrasses that have jumped from my open top. 4. Cleaning the sand bed so it looks white and pristine.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimp. I have to stand guard with a net over my coral to feed them because the dang shrimp will dig it right out of the corals mouths.

They'd be in my other tank in a flash but I simply cannot catch the little buggers!

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although not visible to the naked eye,

NITRATES!!! I have done 2 50% water changes over the last 3 weeks and the lowest I have gotten them is between 40 and 80 PPM. 0ppm coming from the Rodi system 0tds.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My azure damsels love to knock any newly glued frags down. They recently lost a pricey Walt Disney frag I had glued down after lights out. I rearranged the whole right side of my tank looking for it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back