What's The Most Annoying Thing in Your Tank?

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails.
Constantly on the alert to either break them or cover them in 2 part epoxy.
Also dishonarable mention to Sunny, my Yellow Tang, who eats out of my hand but will also bite the proverbial hand when I have my hand(s) in the tank, doing maintenance.
He backs into me, trying to carve me up.
Got me a few times, fortunately did not break the skin.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palys! Can't get rid of them or kill them to save my life. They just grow grow grow and burn my acros. Awful little beasts that hitchhiked in on a rock

KMKoolreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An adult emerald crab for me (asides from ich). it has damaged lps coral and leathers, but I tolerated that because it was minimal.

The crab broke my heart when it killed my juvenile ~3in white tail bristletooth tang the same night it was introduced. I had it quarantined and aquarium conditioned but the crab still killed it and was eating it hours before I came home from school the next day.

There was definitely no way it died from stress, water, disease or aggression from other tangs.

Definitely my worst experience so far :(

mndivergirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of last night, it's aptasia. I found 5 little ones. It makes me wonder how many I don't see. Tomorrow I'll have a couple peppermint shrimp that will help me rid my tank of the current scourge!

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That right there is why I don't let my Coral Beauty have internet access. Knowing my luck he would come across a thread like this and start tasting to see what he is missing. On a more serious note they are very pretty fish, mine is amazing, but I am sorry it is trouble for you. That isn't good to hear and hope it works out.
Every once in a while it nips on something, but they aren't really irritated by it. Should I worry?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0c70f49039a8a6ace2d42b1b653f98cf.jpg

Red carpet Anemone in my 280. It is behind the rock work so you can’t even see it and it ate my marine betta. It is beautiful and doing great though!

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palys! Can't get rid of them or kill them to save my life. They just grow grow grow and burn my acros. Awful little beasts that hitchhiked in on a rock
Yes
Fortunately at lower rock sand level where I can pull them out or nuke them with a Majano wand.

Paul Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Watchman Gobbie. He covers everything with sand. He does keep the sand clean tho.

Eastlake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First most annoying thing in the tank is me, I tinker way too much and and end up regretting it as something inevitably always falls or shifts and I hate myself for messing with it. The second most annoying thing, is the combo frag relocation skills of my palette surgeon and starry blenny. The palette zooms around the tank at feeding time snapping my acro frags off of their plugs and it will pluck my birds nest frags from the rack and swim around with them displaying its feats of strength. The starry blenny munches algae underneath the rack, whack a mole style, popping plugs from the safety of the rack and sends them plummeting into the abyss. Oh, and the starry assaults my arm whenever I'm in the tank.

Lesley Sullivan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My huge antennata lion is on a one-fish mission to blind me. While I'm leaning over the tank to dispense mysis he spits a mouthful of water directly into my eye, never misses. I've taken to wearing shades at feeding time which makes me look and feel like a complete ***.

MiniReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest pain in the butt in my 20l aquarium are the hermit crabs. We got a few that grew larger than we thought, and started knocking over coral. Bunch of jerks! Lol

60CubeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid snails. There are so many nooks and crannies in the rocks that it's impossible to get them all. Currently using a combination of physical removal with forceps, micro bubbling + Coral Snow to try and keep them at bay.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back