What's the one fish you had or have more emotional ties to than any other fish?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 onyx percula clowns. They are my babies they arent high end and I dont care. They are my favorite fish out of anything I have ever owned they dont bite when my hands in the tank they are super personable toward me and they were the first salt water fish I've ever owned. They are priceless to me!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it's a freshwater but I have had him longer than I have had salt water. Its choc choc the chocolate cichlid. We actually have many wet pets but he is probably one of my favorites.
IMG_20190105_080055.jpg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 13yr old daughter found her white Russian hamster, Olive, dead yesterday. She taking it pretty well since it's her first pet that has died on her.

So question......

What's the one fish you had or have more emotional ties to than any other fish?
Mine is Eve, my 6 year old matriarch seahorse! She was one of my first pair and has lived through many of my noobie SH mistakes. Even at 6 she still plays in the flow and has an inquisitiveness. I don't expect to have her a lot longer but she has lived a good life and is special.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Purple Tang, his name is Purple Haze.
I’ve only had him for 4 days. But there is a story to him.
When I was first I the hobby (1988-91)purple tangs were more rare and costly. I wanted one more than any fish. But my tank was not big enough. I finally had to give up the hobby due to work and life.

I’ve always been a fish head. I would go to the aquariums in all the places I went. When I would see a purple tang I would just watch them. They have great personalities.

Time moved on and so did life. Finally the wife and I are really settled in to a home. Been here now 11 years. I’m semi retired now due to disabilities. All the time I am bored at home. I’ve had a place mentality selected in our home for a tank since we moved in. However I refused to get a tank unless I could have a Purple Tang in it. Also I wanted to be sure I could do a reef the right way.

I did allot of research and number crunching and settled on the tank I have now. Got it set up and cycling.

I ordered my first batch of fish from a person that QTs fish. Just some basic fish to get things rolling in the tank. Told this person that my Second order would include a Purple tang. Asked him to be on the lookout to get one in.

It was at this point he told me how he had been nursing a special Purple Tang. You see this tang was in a shipment he got that got delayed. The Tang was blind from ammonia poisoning. However my QT guy is an expert in his field. The fish was regaining its vision all the time but slowly.

He and I talked and it was decided that I would take in this fish. Well, my shipment arrived a few days ago and the fish are all spectacular. Most of all Purple Haze came through everything unscathed. He’s swimming in and around all the rock work and seems to be able to see fine.

Finally, have a Purple Tang and a home for it. This has been 30 years in the making so yea. I’m already attached. Funny how things work.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back