Whats the weirdest thing your clowns have hosted?

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns seem to host something different weekly.
Here is them hosting a mushroom.

And here is them hosting a brain coral (wellsophylia).

And here is my other clowns when they first started hosting my rose bubble tips anemones, which is less weird.

I'd be interested to see what your clowns have hosted?

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a total nerd and cant resist taking a video when I see them hosting something different. I had them host a chalice before I moved it out of the tank because the chalice did not like it.

That was WAAAAAY before smartphones were a thing... :p

Now that I think about it, I probably have pictures from my old tanks on a memory card sitting in an old digital camera somewhere... Hadn't thought about that before... hmmm.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are pretty normal unfortunately. They have 2 XL Rainbow BTA’s (6”+) right next to each other to make a nice carpet during the day all to themselves. Here is a just as the moonlights come on picture. Another 5 min and the anemone will have closed up enough to hide all 5.
IMG_0310.JPG

OP
OP
PAXpress

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are pretty normal unfortunately. They have 2 XL Rainbow BTA’s (6”+) right next to each other to make a nice carpet during the day all to themselves. Here is a just as the moonlights come on picture. Another 5 min and the anemone will have closed up enough to hide all 5.
IMG_0310.JPG
Thats really something, I dont know much about those pink skunk clowns (if I'm right in what they are even!) you can have that many together with no problems?

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones, Duncans, Goniopora which one of the clownfish almost killed by excessive rubbing ... ;Shifty

My "remedy" ... place a fishnet (about 1 week) next to Goni and now the clownfish has decided to host the other second anemone ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats really something, I dont know much about those pink skunk clowns (if I'm right in what they are even!) you can have that many together with no problems?

Yes you are right. They are naturally harem fish and do better in groups than pairs from my understanding. They are quite fun to watch.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really strange when they actually take a BTA host. It’s way more likely that they host the corner of the tank or a power head.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do not reside in anything living per say, as they do an area of the tank. I've had them in 3 separate tanks, not including QT, and they claim the back left corner as theirs every time. I have them a BTA to live in, but its much to small to host them. They are friendly, now, and have never bitten me any more than a friendly nibble asking for food. When I first got them the female was crazy territorial.

Last edited:

Jeff.:P:.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown is hosting my maxima clam :) Will post pics or video later!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back