What's This?

JWHITESP88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2014
Messages
132
Reaction score
71
Location
Ocean Isle Beach
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414704143.170324.jpg


Can anyone tell me what this is?
 
Looks like some type of algae starting to grow. I usually scrape that stuff off.
 
I was wondering if it was brown hair algae? there is alot of it, do you scrap it all into your tank and just let the skimmer clean it up or do you do a little at a time?
 
Just wipe er off, that stuff isn't a big deal.
 
great news man thanks, I was getting worried about it. Is it just part of a fairly new tank?
 
Kinda yea, its part of phosphates normally. Are you using RO/DI water?
 
Yeah but it purchased RO/DI. Im working on getting a RODI unit, we just bought a house so im have to prioritize at the moment but by Christmas time I will have one. Should I run Bio Balls or Phos guard in a HOB in the mean time?
 
Phosguard wouldn't be a bad idea until its leached from your system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new