What's up with ecotech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW what an interesting thread lol. I understand how you feel about buying a brand new product and it not working as advertised. Then contacting the company and having them send you instructions on possible fixes( which would be helpful for others if you can post some of those instructions). I personally would have done any repairs needed myself (as you sorta did) as this would get the pump up in running quicker than sending it back and forth to echotech. I can compare this to a brand new car I bought with a ding in it. I was mad but would I rather call the dealership and drive it all the way there to get it fixed or fix it myself in 5min and be just as happy as if they were to fix it?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said I Apologize I was just trying to help
I apologize also. We took each other wrong. It happens. I'm just as strong headed as you. That's not a good combo. Now I'll tell you what they asked me to do.
They asked me to take out the main board. Then remove the wireless chip. And see if it fixed it. It didn't. But it did fix itself for some reason. Maybe the main board just needs to heat up a little?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GROUP HUG!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW what an interesting thread lol. I understand how you feel about buying a brand new product and it not working as advertised. Then contacting the company and having them send you instructions on possible fixes( which would be helpful for others if you can post some of those instructions). I personally would have done any repairs needed myself (as you sorta did) as this would get the pump up in running quicker than sending it back and forth to echotech. I can compare this to a brand new car I bought with a ding in it. I was mad but would I rather call the dealership and drive it all the way there to get it fixed or fix it myself in 5min and be just as happy as if they were to fix it?
It's really to each their own. You were comfortable enough to do the repairs. I'm sure they took something off the cost for you to do it as compensation. I'm not looking for compensation. It does get a little frustrating when you by something and it doesn't work as it should. Knowing it's going to be a process to get it working like it should. Everyone has enough on their plates these days and it's a pain going through the constant emails back and forth. No, this didn't work on to the next step. It can take days or weeks. When you buy a TV from Walmart and it doesn't work? You take it back and they give you another one. Most stores have unbelievable return policies. It's easy and it's done. Most people don't know how to take apart anything electronic. It amazes me they ask people with no clue how to fix anything to do these procedures. I'd think the liability issues would come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back