What's up with ecotech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the new normal? I bought a new mp40. The controller is bad. It turns on and off, I can't change modes.
Yet when I contacted them they gave me a procedure to take the controller apart. Do this, do that.
Yeah I'm capable to do all that, but I spent almost $400 on something that's supposed to work.
I've been seeing all these posts about Gen 5 lights with cracked housings and them sending out parts for the consumer to repair for them.
Why are people putting up with this?
We're paying dang good hard earned money for inferior products that need to be repaired upon arrival.
I'm not putting up with this nonsense.
If payed by CC. deal with your bank. That will get any companies attention. very simple your product is now defective and it's not what you originally got,that was working fine, so you tell your bank you do not recognize the charge not being the product that it was originally, I guarantee you they will jump through hoops to get that money back.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole thread reeks of entitlement.

“I paid $xxx, how dare the device not work perfectly”

they’re called defects, sometimes a few fall through the cracks. It happens with everything.

You reached out and they walked you through their troubleshooting procedure.

It doesn’t matter what that procedure is, if you want a working device then follow it.

The 10 minutes it takes you to do it can either have your device running or guarantee you a replacement under warranty.

If you don’t like paying “big” money for products that have such a small percentage rate of failure due to defects then go pay 1/10th of it for some **** Chinese device that you will not get US support for when it fails.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SMH. I'm done posting on here. It's just like Facebook. Too many opinions and we all know what opinions are like?

Last edited:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SMH. I'm done posting on here. It's just like Facebook. Too many opinions and we all know what opinions are like?
You have to take peoples opinions with a grain of salt and develop a thick skin. I'll admit, when I first read this thread, I questioned the purpose of it. What was your intention? To raise the rabble rousers?

Customer support was working with you and wanted first and foremost to get your pump working. But it wasn't the solution you expected. That doesn't make it wrong.

Your post suggested that you wanted your position validated. I get they're expensive pumps and that they should work as such. But when they don't you have to trust that the customer support knows what they're doing.

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first two ecotech products I bought for my latest aquarium were dead on arrival and they had me repair the items myself with parts they sent me. I did think it was odd and I have the manual dexterity of a snail so I was very hesitant to do it. I did feel uncomfortable but in the end it took me all but 10 minutes and I was on my way. I wasn't a fan but it did save time on doing a RMA.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to take peoples opinions with a grain of salt and develop a thick skin. I'll admit, when I first read this thread, I questioned the purpose of it. What was your intention? To raise the rabble rousers?

Customer support was working with you and wanted first and foremost to get your pump working. But it wasn't the solution you expected. That doesn't make it wrong.

Your post suggested that you wanted your position validated. I get they're expensive pumps and that they should work as such. But when they don't you have to trust that the customer support knows what they're doing.
The problem with forums, Facebook, etc is the written word gets taken into context by the person reading it. There's no reading facial expressions etc, getting the "feel" for what someone is trying to say. Often when a person reads something it gets misconstrued into what they want to believe. And that's the problem with society today. The original point of my post was questioning if Echotech was having production issues and how they're dealing with that through support.Nothing more, nothing less.
Almost every thread these days turns into an argument between at least 2 people eventually. I got off Facebook because I don't argue on there and I'm not doing it on here. I'm done posting on here.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This whole thread reeks of entitlement.

“I paid $xxx, how dare the device not work perfectly”

they’re called defects, sometimes a few fall through the cracks. It happens with everything.

You reached out and they walked you through their troubleshooting procedure.

It doesn’t matter what that procedure is, if you want a working device then follow it.

The 10 minutes it takes you to do it can either have your device running or guarantee you a replacement under warranty.

If you don’t like paying “big” money for products that have such a small percentage rate of failure due to defects then go pay 1/10th of it for some **** Chinese device that you will not get US support for when it fails.
Preach on brother

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Exactly what I was getting at

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Keep ranting everyone. Preach it as I was 100% ecotech and now 100% apex.
Ecotech has failed me, jerked me around. lied and I was even a retailer for them when I had my store over a decade.
Although they have helped some people out- they don't give a rats XXX about anything but $$ and will try to sell every single a person something than resolving issues that lead to customer retention and satisfaction.
If greed exists- they play the rules well. Enough of my ranting. . . . just a Huge disappointment to this industry

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with forums, Facebook, etc is the written word gets taken into context by the person reading it. There's no reading facial expressions etc, getting the "feel" for what someone is trying to say. Often when a person reads something it gets misconstrued into what they want to believe. And that's the problem with society today. The original point of my post was questioning if Echotech was having production issues and how they're dealing with that through support.Nothing more, nothing less.
Almost every thread these days turns into an argument between at least 2 people eventually. I got off Facebook because I don't argue on there and I'm not doing it on here. I'm done posting on here.
You do realize that all I wanted to know now for the fourth time was the procedure they wanted you to do so I could possibly help you in getting your pump to work properly I also felt that was good information to be on here in case somebody else needed the procedure and wanted to try it before or instead of calling and contacting Eco Tech. I’m not trying to argue I just feel your the one who took this to far. You made a thread to complain and then when I try asking questions to help (which is what I thought this forum is for) You didn’t like it. This is not grammar school I didn’t think I was gunna have to hug and console you Cause you had a problem as an adult was trying to help. Anyways I’m done and will Unwatch this forum good luck hope your pump works and continue to work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do realize that all I wanted to know now for the fourth time was the procedure they wanted you to do so I could possibly help you in getting your pump to work properly I also felt that was good information to be on here in case somebody else needed the procedure and wanted to try it before or instead of calling and contacting Eco Tech. I’m not trying to argue I just feel your the one who took this to far. You made a thread to complain and then when I try asking questions to help (which is what I thought this forum is for) You didn’t like it. This is not grammar school I didn’t think I was gunna have to hug and console you Cause you had a problem as an adult was trying to help. Anyways I’m done and will Unwatch this forum good luck hope your pump works and continue to work.
If you're not trying to argue with me then why are you being sooooo demanding? Fourth time? You're NOT talking to a child here.
You've done your share of preaching here. Not only with me, but with the man with the Ford. Telling him what he was complaining about his vehicle. Of which you were totally wrong about also.
Why don't you do everyone on here a favor and go someplace to preach?

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you don't realize is that I been trying real hard to be patient with you. Keep it up and you'll see a side of a person that you'd rather not see. Unlike everyone on here It doesn't really matter to me if I get banned or not. I WILL NOT take anymore **** from a demanding egocentrict like you. Go talk to your insubordinates like that all you want. This boy isn't going to take it.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused as to what all the hostility is for? I just asked you a question that still haven’t answered . Calm down

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you don't realize is that I been trying real hard to be patient with you. Keep it up and you'll see a side of a person that you'd rather not see. Unlike everyone on here It doesn't really matter to me if I get banned or not. I WILL NOT take anymore **** from a demanding egocentrict like you. Go talk to your insubordinates like that all you want. This boy isn't going to take it.

Lol tuff internet guy alert!!!

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why even come on a forum blasting them, call ecotech and scream at them over the phone. Absolutely nothing will be accomplished posting on r2 and as you see leads to arguments.

sell or trash the power heads and get some jebao’s. It’s literally that easy.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ye5oAw3.gif

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused as to what all the hostility is for? I just asked you a question that still haven’t answered . Calm down
Problem is you asked once. When you didn't get what you wanted you started demanding. Counting times you asked/demanded. Do you see me having a problem with anyone else on this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back