What's up with ecotech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fine. Did you read the thread? All of it? And did you send the same message to him?

Actually he and anyone else reading this thread will see the message. It was a general comment to all.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @dbl, and before anyone says it, its not because I am supporting my fellow mod. It is because we encourage honest criticism of products, we mods are hobbyist and buy these products also. What we don't want is it to turn into a frenzy, people criticizing because they pact on one another. Honest criticism is welcome and encouraged as it makes the company of the product better when they look at these issue. :)

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @dbl, and before anyone says it, its not because I am supporting my fellow mod. It is because we encourage honest criticism of products, we mods are hobbyist and buy these products also. What we don't want is it to turn into a frenzy, people criticizing because they pact on one another. Honest criticism is welcome and encouraged as it makes the company of the product better when they look at these issue. :)
We all do also. Unfortunately in forums like these most threads get off track. And there's sooo many different opinions out there. Y'all have a tough job going through all this and keeping things civil. I couldn't do it. I commend you and appreciate what y'all do on here.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all do also. Unfortunately in forums like these most threads get off track. And there's sooo many different opinions out there. Y'all have a tough job going through all this and keeping things civil. I couldn't do it. I commend you and appreciate what y'all do on here.
Thank you. We mod because we understand the vision @revhtree had when he started this forum, to help and inform fellow hobbyist that had this crazy idea of having a reef in there home, lol!

I will say I am not a fan of the Mobius platform, not because of what it can be, but because of it's present form. In time I feel it may be a great tool, but I also feel they rushed it to combat other vendors releases. I feel this, this is were we hobbyist come into play. We can help them nurture it and change it into what we all envisioned or hoped for. We can't help them by bashing products, but by letting them know of issues we are having. I ask everyone to just simply let them know. I understand with the money we expect more, but these products are an ongoing venture. They constantly change and evolve. We as the hobbyist can help them produce the best products ever for our tanks. I don't know about you, BUT, I want that show stopper tank. ;Woot

Last edited:

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just bought it why not contact the seller since it is under warranty. I have had nothing but amazing experiences with them and their support over the years.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. We mod because we understand the vision @revhtree had when he started this forum, to help and inform fellow hobbyist that had this crazy idea of having a reef in there home, lol!

I will say I am not a fan of the Mobius platform, not because of what it can be, but because of it's present form. In time I feel it may be a great tool, but I also feel they rushed it to combat other vendors releases. I feel this, this is were we hobbyist come into play. We can help them nurture it and change it into what we all envisioned or hoped for. We can't help them by bashing products, but by letting them know of issues we are having. I ask everyone to just simply letting them know. I understand that the money we expect more, but these products are an ongoing venture. They constantly change and evolve. We as the hobbyist can help them produce the best products ever for our tanks. I don't know about you, BUT, I want that show stopper tank. ;Woot
LOl. Yeah, we all want that tank. I'm not a fan of mobius because it's a phone platform. But that's what everyone seems to want these days. I run my mp 40's through my Profilux4. I like the diversity it gives me and I like the fact I never have to go and adjust things unless I want to. It's just reliable and I can count on it.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, the phone app, not really a fan because I am lazy, lol! I like having everything going thru my Apex. All I have to do though to combat that is to install a wifi card in my computer, though its another step, it will fix the problem. I like pressing one button and everything is takin care of for the feed mode.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just bought it why not contact the seller since it is under warranty. I have had nothing but amazing experiences with them and their support over the years.
I did. It's what this thread is about.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, the phone app, not really a fan because I am lazy, lol! I like having everything going thru my Apex. All I have to do though to combat that is to install a wifi card in my computer, though its another step, it will fix the problem. I like pressing one button and everything is takin care of for the feed mode.
I don't know. I figure the phone app is for lazy people. It's a little more effort to program a controller.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I figure the phone app is for lazy people. It's a little more effort to program a controller.
LOL, I hate having to go to several apps to do what one press of a tab will do. I press one tab on my apex and I have it programmed to do everything I need.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I hate having to go to several apps to do what one press of a tab will do. I press one tab on my apex and I have it programmed to do everything I need.
That's the way it has been for a while, I have an app for alkatronic, fusion and now mobius. I doubt I will have everything under one hood, however new hobbyists may.

I personally found a good marriage of all the apps, they sorta compliment each other rather well. I'm not complaining.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way it has been for a while, I have an app for alkatronic, fusion and now mobius. I doubt I will have everything under one hood, however new hobbyists may.

I personally found a good marriage of all the apps, they sorta compliment each other rather well. I'm not complaining.
Maybe in time, but at least I want the least amount of tabs I have to click to feed my tank. Like anything, we get used to using things.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't want a Profilux then. They are a bear to get something done, Programming could use some attention. But reliable. That's want counts. When it's set it's set. Never a glitch. It gets better as you understand their logic. Still there's things I dread doing.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't want a Profilux then. They are a bear to get something done, Programming could use some attention. But reliable. That's want counts. When it's set it's set. Never a glitch. It gets better as you understand their logic. Still there's things I dread doing.
LOL, I use a Trident to do the same. During the winter I am good as work slows down and I have time. During the summer, aka now, I don;t have as much time as this is the busy time of the year for me. This is the time I need simplicity as I often don't have the time to study as problem on my tank.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe in time, but at least I want the least amount of tabs I have to click to feed my tank. Like anything, we get used to using things.
I hear ya! For feed made, I use mobius to trigger it, which slows down the vectra and all the vortechs, thus a float switch in the sump tells apex to shut off the skimmers and other various devices. That's a healthy marriage... hehe

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

See, I don't like apps. Close one out, open another, repeat. I like everything under one hood.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I use a Trident to do the same. During the winter I am good as work slows down and I have time. During the summer, aka now, I don;t have as much time as this is the busy time of the year for me. This is the time I need simplicity as I often don't have the time to study as problem on my tank.
I'm the same. Busy now. Slow in winter. Last summer I let the tank do it's thing. Took me all winter to get it back on track. Now I find the time. It's less work that way.

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support, support I can't get any support arrrrrrrh! grumble, grumble, me, me, me.

Pretty much this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back