What's up with ecotech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the new normal? I bought a new mp40. The controller is bad. It turns on and off, I can't change modes.
Yet when I contacted them they gave me a procedure to take the controller apart. Do this, do that.
Yeah I'm capable to do all that, but I spent almost $400 on something that's supposed to work.
I've been seeing all these posts about Gen 5 lights with cracked housings and them sending out parts for the consumer to repair for them.
Why are people putting up with this?
We're paying dang good hard earned money for inferior products that need to be repaired upon arrival.
I'm not putting up with this nonsense.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been having trouble with my mp10 as well the dang thing all of a sudden likes to jump off the glass after feed mode or off and won’t turn back on and grinds kinda. Let alone I bought a new wet side 2 months ago and it already broke the shaft. Absolutely junk these days. I’m happy with my gen5s zero cracking with mine and versa 4 pack but these wet sides and my 2 year old mp10 is going to crap. I used to have zero problems with my mp10 until the last 2 wet sides and it now likes to jump.

Last edited:

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the new normal? I bought a new mp40. The controller is bad. It turns on and off, I can't change modes.
Yet when I contacted them they gave me a procedure to take the controller apart. Do this, do that.
Yeah I'm capable to do all that, but I spent almost $400 on something that's supposed to work.
I've been seeing all these posts about Gen 5 lights with cracked housings and them sending out parts for the consumer to repair for them.
Why are people putting up with this?
We're paying dang good hard earned money for inferior products that need to be repaired upon arrival.
I'm not putting up with this nonsense.
No offense, because people keep on buying their stuffs. Let say it their sales dropped significantly, they will try to find out why. Again, not trying to bash on you and good that you speak up!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, because people keep on buying their stuffs. Let say it their sales dropped significantly, they will try to find out why. Again, not trying to bash on you and good that you speak up!
I understand. And that's the point I'm trying to make.

Stones-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having trouble with my mp10 as well the dang thing all of a sudden likes to jump off the glass after feed mode or off and won’t turn back on and grinds kinda. Let alone I bought a new wet side 2 months ago and it already broke the shaft. Absolutely junk these days. I’m happy with my gen5s and versa 4 pack but these wet sides and my 2 year old mp10 is going to crap.
Those MP10 wet-sides have this ceramic spindle thing that breaks in my tank at least once a year. Usually causes the powerhead to shake. I think I've replaced it 4 times in the 3 or 4 years I've had it. Love the powerhead, just wish it was less susceptible to issues over time. Either way, Ecotech has always honored the warranty for me.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no problems with my MP40, my MP10, and my Radion XR15's. That s not to say that people have, or will not, have problems with their products, its the nature of the beast. When you sell that many units you will have some problems. For the most part, the only people that comment on products are the people that have problems with them. People that have had no issue with them don't usually comment saying that they haven't had any issue, that the product is great. As far as the cracked housings on the new G5's, you can say shame on Ecotech for rushing the product or it was an honest mistake and they had no control over it, who know's.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no problems with my MP40, my MP10, and my Radion XR15's. That s not to say that people have, or will not, have problems with their products, its the nature of the beast. When you sell that many units you will have some problems. For the most part, the only people that comment on products are the people that have problems with them. People that have had no issue with them don't usually comment saying that they haven't had any issue, that the product is great. As far as the cracked housings on the new G5's, you can say shame on Ecotech for rushing the product or it was an honest mistake and they had no control over it, who know's.
I haven't had any problems with the other 3 mp40's I have. And I've heard nothing but good about their customer service. So, I called. I was completely taken aback with their response.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say anything about their customer service as I have not had to use it yet. I do hope that, with the money we pay for the products, that it is good. I have heard good and bad things about it, but like anything in life, it is influenced by the mood of the person and the response they were hoping for or expected, and the response they received compared to what they wanted to hear. That's not to say someone is right or wrong, their is only one person that can do that, and I am definitely not that person. :)

I guess I just try to look for the good in any person or company, as that is all we can do.

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I haven't had any problems with the other 3 mp40's I have. And I've heard nothing but good about their customer service. So, I called. I was completely taken aback with their response.

Why not try to fix it with their procedure? They are competing with all these Chinese companies. Even if they source from China, they wont stay in business long if they just ship out a new piece while you throw away the old. You always try to fix a good product first. Hell if break $850 usa made fly rod, i ship it back to the maker they fix it and send back to me. Only the cheap chinese rod makers send a brand new rod because the junk isnt worth fixing.

Either way their inventory is sold out due to covid so i wouldnt expect it either way .

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not try to fix it with their procedure? They are competing with all these Chinese companies. Even if they source from China, they wont stay in business long if they just ship out a new piece while you throw away the old. You always try to fix a good product first. Hell if break $850 usa made fly rod, i ship it back to the maker they fix it and send back to me. Only the cheap chinese rod makers send a brand new rod because the junk isnt worth fixing.

Either way their inventory is sold out due to covid so i wouldnt expect it either way .
It’s pretty ironic when people talk ish about Chinese made stuffs are junk while lots of Jebaos out their are running strong but the vortech pumps.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he should have offered with two options: 1) he can send it back for repair or replacement 2) provide simple instruction for self repair with noted that warranty still valid imo.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought a brand new product under warranty. Would you like to by a new car with instructions on how to change the starter?. If I got it for half price that's another thing.
I don't mind spending the money on quality. But I do expect it to work.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to defend Ecotech but I complained about whining noise on M2 first they asked me to loosen up some screws and then they replaced it with new unit.

how old if your MP40? did you just get it like a week ago?

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to defend Ecotech but I complained about whining noise on M2 first they asked me to loosen up some screws and then they replaced it with new unit.

how old if your MP40? did you just get it like a week ago?
I'm quite sure Ecotech will make it right. I bought it brand new from Saltwater aquarium in late March. It was backordered, so I got it in April. I was waiting to put it into service which I did yesterday. Only to find it inoperable. Stuff happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back