What's up with ecotech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, pc manufactures have been doing similar for years, ring a call centre, hold for 2 hours then get some smart a@s that patronisingly talks you through how to fix the pc, never works the same again.

If me getting out a Phillips head screwdriver will fix the powerhead then surely that is a better option than sending the thing away for 3 weeks. I would think you have the option to say you are not up to the diy fix, so would prefer to send the item away for repair.
You didn't read through the post. I already tried their "fix" It didn't work.
It needs a new circuit board. Yet I'll have to wait on them to go through their protocol to figure it out
Time wasted............On something that's supposed to work out of the box..

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do I need to keep stressing the fact that I expect something to work when I purchase it? And if it doesn't that there should be a timely repair under warranty? Y'all handle things the way you want. I own a repair business and I fix things right. If there's a problem after I fix something I take care of it right away. Is this something that has gone away in this day and age?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't read through the post. I already tried their "fix" It didn't work.
It needs a new circuit board. Yet I'll have to wait on them to go through their protocol to figure it out
Time wasted............On something that's supposed to work out of the box..

I did read the thread, the thread was also making a more general point about EcoTech’s practice of talking the customer through a repair, that is what I was addressing.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lo and behold, I left it running. When I woke up this am it's working properly?????
Go figure.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant tell us that! Details the whole thing lol. Achoo..tunze..

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cant tell us that! Details the whole thing lol. Achoo..tunze..
Surprises the heck out of me also. When I first turned it on it flashed a code. Red, blue, yellow I think. But it worked. I could change modes, etc. Then it went to shutting off and back on at random times. Pressing the buttons didn't work. Couldn't change modes, turn it on or off
I left it running most of the first day. But I didn't trust it and turned it off when I went to bed.
I plugged it back in in the AM. Same results. I left it run all day yesterday and decided to let it run all night. When I got up this Am it was still running. I tried the buttons and it worked!!!! I can now change modes, turn it on and off, etc. I'll hook it up wireless and sync it to the others and the P4 later to make sure that works. I will certainly have support notate my account in case I have issues with it later.
I have a Tunze stream pump and a Tunze skimmer. I like Tunze.
But when you run the vortechs through the P4 it really gives you sooooo many options and abilities.
The best option out there in my opinion. I basically bought the P4 just for that option. All the rest it offers is icing on the cake.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave the details anyway. Lol

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprises the heck out of me also. When I first turned it on it flashed a code. Red, blue, yellow I think. But it worked. I could change modes, etc. Then it went to shutting off and back on at random times. Pressing the buttons didn't work. Couldn't change modes, turn it on or off
I left it running most of the first day. But I didn't trust it and turned it off when I went to bed.
I plugged it back in in the AM. Same results. I left it run all day yesterday and decided to let it run all night. When I got up this Am it was still running. I tried the buttons and it worked!!!! I can now change modes, turn it on and off, etc. I'll hook it up wireless and sync it to the others and the P4 later to make sure that works. I will certainly have support notate my account in case I have issues with it later.
I have a Tunze stream pump and a Tunze skimmer. I like Tunze.
But when you run the vortechs through the P4 it really gives you sooooo many options and abilities.
The best option out there in my opinion. I basically bought the P4 just for that option. All the rest it offers is icing on the cake.
Sooooooo another words echotech does know what they are doing and asking you to do smh

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lo and behold, I left it running. When I woke up this am it's working properly?????
Go figure.
Saved yourself 3 weeks shipping by following what they asked you to do like a repair tech should do. Good job :) instead only took 2 days complaining about why you should not have to do it......

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saved yourself 3 weeks shipping by following what they asked you to do like a repair tech should do. Good job :) instead only took 2 days complaining about why you should not have to do it......
You do like to assume don't you? I did do the repair they asked yesterday. I figured what the heck. I may as well try and I didn't hear back from support.........................It didn't work!!!!!
Now read through the thread as I explained what happened. And please, stop thinking you know everything.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do like to assume don't you? I did do the repair they asked yesterday. I figured what the heck. I may as well try and I didn't hear back from support.........................It didn't work!!!!!
Now read through the thread as I explained what happened. And please, stop thinking you know everything.
I don’t understand why you are being so secretive about the procedure they asked you to do!!!!! Now this is the third time I’m gunna ask you what was it ?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it just so simple that your embarrassed to say how simple it was and you was crying about it?if you worked at my shop you be fired long time ago...

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I would only know everything if you actually answer my question and told me. So thanks to you I don’t know everything:)

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a piece of work! I bet you're a joy to work with. Mr arrogant.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it just so simple that your embarrassed to say how simple it was and you was crying about it?if you worked at my shop you be fired long time ago...
Ohhh I'm scared. I run my own business with many, many, many, many satisfied customers.
Something I doubt you're capable of doing with your smartalec know it all attitude.
IF I worked in your shop I'd take you out in the back parking lot and teach you some manners.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we encourage debate and dialogue, it needs to be done respectfully. Let's get this back on track without the name calling and accusations. The Be Nice rule is something we take seriously.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we encourage debate and dialogue, it needs to be done respectfully. Let's get this back on track without the name calling and accusations. The Be Nice rule is something we take seriously.

Thank you.
That's fine. Did you read the thread? All of it? And did you send the same message to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back