What's up with ecotech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for Ford and every single day I see vehicles with less than 100 miles on them needing repairs of all sorts ranging from a simple sensor to actually engines and transmissions with only 100 miles obviously a customer would not do these repairs by them self On a vehicle cost $50,000 whereas your powerhead only cost a few hundred not that big of a deal to take four screws out and check something for a manufacturer

Last edited:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yes I own 4 g5 one has a cracked case and I will be putting it on myself

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And seriously want to take more of your time to package the thing up and take it to the post office and then have to wait for return instead 10-15minutes to open it up and then be able to use it the same day. I guess my opinion is one coming from a repair technician.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And seriously want to take more of your time to package the thing up and take it to the post office and then have to wait for return instead 10-15minutes to open it up and then be able to use it the same day. I guess my opinion is one coming from a repair technician.
I have my own business. I fix boat engines. I'll be danged if I install a jumper wire on a solenoid and tell the people to start their boat that way. You pay for something it's supposed to work. Wether it's $400 or $50k

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for Ford and every single day I see vehicles with less than 100 miles on them needing repairs of all sorts ranging from a simple sensor to actually engines and transmissions with only 100 miles obviously a customer would not these repairs by them self a vehicle cost $50,000 whereas your powerhead only cost a few hundred not that big of a deal to take four screws out and check something for a manufacturer

You should see the list of repairs on my 2019 Navigator and it’s still a piece of junk. First Ford product and will be my last. Point is don’t spend your money on the company anymore if you find their product to be inferior or they poor customer service.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my own business. I fix boat engines. I'll be danged if I install a jumper wire on a solenoid and tell the people to start their boat that way. You pay for something it's supposed to work. Wether it's $400 or $50k
They are not telling him to modify the unit they most likely telling him to unplug the keep alive memory or something to perform a reset. Of coarse you would not expect a customer to accept a rigged repair

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see the list of repairs on my 2019 Navigator and it’s still a piece of junk. First Ford product and will be my last. Point is don’t spend your money on the company anymore if you find their product to be inferior or they poor customer service.
And your list of repairs is probably a bunch of trim panels not aligned perfect. Or recalls that it needed and you felt unconvinced by it so your upset. People who buy navigators think they own a Mercedes and are way to picky. It’s an over priced expedition. I own a 18 expedition and it’s bulletproof ford makes a good product. Ive worked for ford 26 years now I’ve seen them come a long way.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not telling him to modify the unit they most likely telling him to unplug the keep alive memory or something to perform a reset. Of coarse you would not expect a customer to accept a rigged repair
You have no clue what they are asking me to do. Don't assume.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a service technician let me know what it is and I can give you my honest opinion what I think

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a service technician let me know what it is and I can give you my honest opinion what I think
Listen, I am a service tech myself. You don't need to know what it doing. It's between me and them. I already told them what the problem is and what is wrong. They have to go through they're protocol because the only answer phones.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen, I am a service tech myself. You don't need to know what it doing. It's between me and them. I already told them what the problem is and what is wrong. They have to go through they're protocol because the only answer phones.
Sounds good buddy I’m sure you know more then me I was just trying to help lol

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good buddy I’m sure you know more then me I was just trying to help lol
It's not the point of what's the matter with it. It's the point of being new and broke. And how they are handling it. I actually went through their procedure and it didn't fix it. Now, I don't see the point of going through procedure after procedure to get something that's brand new to work.
BTW I have not seen Ecotech chime in on this thread at all?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the point of what's the matter with it. It's the point of being new and broke. And how they are handling it. I actually went through their procedure and it didn't fix it. Now, I don't see the point of going through procedure after procedure to get something that's brand new to work.
BTW I have not seen Ecotech chime in on this thread at all?
First of all I didn’t ask what was wrong with it I ask what was the procedure echo tech asked you to perform because I wanted to know if I felt it was out of line for them to ask you to do. And second it’s not out of line of them to ask of simple things that they know is the first steps they will perform if sent into them especially if they know it could possibly fix it and has in the past fix it for them. Third echo tech will not just chime in if they are not noted in someone’s post. How would they even know about this thread.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked back and no one tagged them in any posts but I’m sure they will read this eventually being in the echotech sub forums

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most sponsors will monitor their threads. It's just good business. But as I haven't heard from them on my end I have to figure they don't work weekends. Can't blame them for that.
All I really asked was what's going on with them. And questioning their quality control.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And your list of repairs is probably a bunch of trim panels not aligned perfect. Or recalls that it needed and you felt unconvinced by it so your upset. People who buy navigators think they own a Mercedes and are way to picky. It’s an over priced expedition. I own a 18 expedition and it’s bulletproof ford makes a good product. Ive worked for ford 26 years now I’ve seen them come a long way.

100,735.00 for a vehicle, oh wait, they are charging the same price. Leaking exhaust in my garage, shaking at anything above 83, drivers side and passenger door panels falling off, side step replacement because the plastic gear stripped. Sounds like a great company. Don’t tell me why I’m upset, go take another 9 billion dollar line of credit so they can continue to build second rate vehicles on the tax payer

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, pc manufactures have been doing similar for years, ring a call centre, hold for 2 hours then get some smart a@s that patronisingly talks you through how to fix the pc, never works the same again.

If me getting out a Phillips head screwdriver will fix the powerhead then surely that is a better option than sending the thing away for 3 weeks. I would think you have the option to say you are not up to the diy fix, so would prefer to send the item away for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back