Whats up with my clam

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN whats up with my clam? Spent a week moving around and then the right middle lobe was retracting in a bit. It constantly expands and than pulls in and folds over in half. Does this literally all day. Thought it may be to much flow or it got nipped by a crab or my kole tang. Moved it to a low flow area of the tank and still the same. Not sure if it will take some time to recover. Its like something keeps irritating it.

20200521_120603.jpg 20200520_185013.jpg 20200520_184949.jpg 20200520_184903.jpg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you moving the clam or is it moving itself? Do your best to avoid touching it, super sensitive of course, and it sounds like it hasn't placed its foot down. Look into Pinched mantle and see if this aligns with your sights

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you have him? Any new clams? Look or something irritated him there, like Aptasia on the shell. PMD is a consideration if it is worsen as the day go on, and have mucus discharge at the retracted site.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you have him? Any new clams? Look or something irritated him there, like Aptasia on the shell. PMD is a consideration if it is worsen as the day go on, and have mucus discharge at the retracted site.

New clam and have had it a week. No mucus and it looks the same all day. Nothing on the shell, its clean.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you moving the clam or is it moving itself? Do your best to avoid touching it, super sensitive of course, and it sounds like it hasn't placed its foot down. Look into Pinched mantle and see if this aligns with your sights

does not resemble pinched mantle as there is no mucus and its not curled upwards. Its just that the one section is constantly pulling in constantly like something is irritating it but nothing is there. The clam did I ut down threads on the old rock and once I noticed the mantle doing this I cut them and moved to a lower flow area and set on a new new rock

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your self a favor and scour that thing for pyramid nails! I got two from a huge vendor on here and they where loaded with em and neither lasted a month. It’s was sad, expensive and sad. Get a magnifying glass and flip it over check the seam where the foot is in the hinge for a little grains of rice. They are horrible little things

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Q
Do your self a favor and scour that thing for pyramid nails! I got two from a huge vendor on here and they where loaded with em and neither lasted a month. It’s was sad, expensive and sad. Get a magnifying glass and flip it over check the seam where the foot is in the hinge for a little grains of rice. They are horrible little things

Checked and didn't see any but will give a look when the lights are out. I disnt see any any when I moved it before.

Back