Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My area sucks.
Nobody has triple sulfa.

Anything else I can use? If not, I will order the sulfaplex or the triple sulfa.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything else I can use? If not, I will order the sulfaplex or the triple sulfa.

You could go with Furan-2 + Kanaplex + Metroplex. It just seems like sulfa based drugs do a better job when it comes to mouth infections.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish

I will be getting either Sulfaplex or Triple Sulfa today. I'm taking a loooong ride to get what I need. I will be starting treatment tonight or tomorrow.
On a side note, Aqua Pro-Cure from Fishvet was recommended to me to treat the display. Said it treats Flukes and bacterial infections AND is reef safe. Do you have any experience with this?
http://www.fishvet.com/aqua_pro-cure.htm

Aqua Pro-Cure

Professional Strength treatment for external parasites and external bacterial infections.

Aqua Pro-Cure is used for the treatment of a range of external flagellated parasites such as Amlyoodinium (marine velvet), Brooklynella, Oodinium (freshwater velvet), and Chilodonella. It is also used to treat gill flukes and external bacterial infections such as bacterial fin and tail rot.

Use when fish show increased respiration, red or blotchy lesions, white or yellow dust-like areas, ulcers, missing scales and/or fin rot.

Aqua Pro-Cure’s synergistic combination of acriflavine, aminoacridine and formalin are more effective than either individually. Aqua Pro-Cure contains no copper, no undefined extracts or other “natural” disease fighters. Aqua Pro-Cure delivers fast, safe, and effective results.

Aqua Pro-Cure allows marine and freshwater fish hobbyists to safely eradicate a wide range of parasites and bacterial infections from fish only, reef, or live plant aquariums with equal results.

Professional Strength Aqua Pro-Cure has been formulated as an economical treatment, which is safe for the fish, corals and invertebrates in all freshwater and marine aquariums.

Aqua Pro-Cure:

• Treats the water and eliminates external flagellated parasites such as the Amlyoodinium, Brooklynella, Chilodonella, and gill flukes, as well as treating external bacterial infections such as fin and tail rot.
  • Biodegrades after some 4-5 days, leaving no harmful residue.
  • Does not harm Fish, Invertebrates, Live Plants or nitrifying bacteria and no test kit is necessary during treatment.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua Pro-Cure’s synergistic combination of acriflavine, aminoacridine and formalin are more effective than either individually.

This sounds very similar to Ruby Reef Rally: http://www.rubyreef.net/rally/

The first two ingredients are antiseptics, useful for treating bacterial diseases. And formalin is effective against “surface” parasites & worms such as brook, uronema & flukes.

However, 100% eradication with those 3 ingredients is probably not possible. So, I suggest using it as a bath treatment for immediate relief, and then finish the job with proper antibiotics in a QT.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back