OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you increased copper WAY too fast. Most people will increase copper to therapeutic levels of 1.5-1.75 over the course of several days to a week.

This fish didn't have a week and I only dosed 2 ml and was planning on doing another dose tonight and then tomorrow morning. I have done this before with a Purple and Powder Blue Tang that had Marine Velvet and they made it through fine. The Bristletooth in the tank is fine as well.

Not to discount your post, but I don't think it's a reaction to the copper.

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an AirStone of some sort that you can put in there to increase the oxygen in the water column?

With copper and medications I'm pretty sure it is consuming oxygen out of the tank. Although most fish will go to the top to get oxygen

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an AirStone of some sort that you can put in there to increase the oxygen in the water column?

With copper and medications I'm pretty sure it is consuming oxygen out of the tank. Although most fish will go to the top to get oxygen

I do have a spare pump and air stone. I will try that.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With velvet or brook there can be significant damage to the gill tissue, add in the stress of meds (copper, etc) and it just makes it harder on the fish.

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in the air stone and he swam around for a while and now he is just laying against the glass breathing heavy. Not sure what else to do.

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

I contacted my LFS and showed them the pictures and the said they will order me a new Blue Tang so even though it really sucks loosing a fish, at least they will be replacing it for no extra charge. Hopefully Dory 2.0 works out better than the first one.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

I contacted my LFS and showed them the pictures and the said they will order me a new Blue Tang so even though it really sucks loosing a fish, at least they will be replacing it for no extra charge. Hopefully Dory 2.0 works out better than the first one.
Sorry to hear about your 1st one but happy for you because of a good LFS. Better luck with #2 ;)

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update everyone, Dory #2 is doing great! She is a tiny bit bigger at around 3 1/2 inches and looks very healthy. Copper is at therapeutic levels and she is doing great and eating like a pig! This new fish eats better than any other fish I have had in QT so I have high hopes that she will make it through fine. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back