whats wrong with my Anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter ajmal21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ajmal21

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has been in the tank for about 3 weeks all was well untill i added clownfish, the clowfish and the anemone came from the same tank from a friend, he did that this afternoon. was fine all of yesterday with the fishes. any idea, all parameters are fine. i just have cyano algea.


signal-attachment-2020-02-20-154102.jpeg
 
he has been in the tank for about 3 weeks all was well untill i added clownfish, the clowfish and the anemone came from the same tank from a friend, he did that this afternoon. was fine all of yesterday with the fishes. any idea, all parameters are fine. i just have cyano algea.


signal-attachment-2020-02-20-154102.jpeg

As long as your ammonia and nitrites are testing zero, then it should be fine. Might want to test those two parameters to make sure a mini cycle has not been triggered.

I really never think about adding a nem until six months after a reef has fully cycled and stable, but nems can act goofy for a few days at a time. Sometimes they ball up after eating, while digest food.

FWIW:
I have not spot fed any BTA in years.

Also, I a nem that has never hosted clowns and the clowns started being hosted, a BTA can freak out for a while.
 
Last edited:
Nems close up at times. As long as it looks normal when it opens back up, I wouldnt worry too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new