whats wrong with my Anemone

ajmal21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has been in the tank for about 3 weeks all was well untill i added clownfish, the clowfish and the anemone came from the same tank from a friend, he did that this afternoon. was fine all of yesterday with the fishes. any idea, all parameters are fine. i just have cyano algea.

signal-attachment-2020-02-20-154102.jpeg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has been in the tank for about 3 weeks all was well untill i added clownfish, the clowfish and the anemone came from the same tank from a friend, he did that this afternoon. was fine all of yesterday with the fishes. any idea, all parameters are fine. i just have cyano algea.

signal-attachment-2020-02-20-154102.jpeg

As long as your ammonia and nitrites are testing zero, then it should be fine. Might want to test those two parameters to make sure a mini cycle has not been triggered.

I really never think about adding a nem until six months after a reef has fully cycled and stable, but nems can act goofy for a few days at a time. Sometimes they ball up after eating, while digest food.

FWIW:
I have not spot fed any BTA in years.

Also, I a nem that has never hosted clowns and the clowns started being hosted, a BTA can freak out for a while.

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems close up at times. As long as it looks normal when it opens back up, I wouldnt worry too much.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back