WHATS WRONG WITH MY BLUE TANG?!

MB_Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
17
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got this new blue hippo tang 3 days ago and tonight I noticed these white spots on him. What are they are they just stress spots or ick? And what should I do? Pls help the water parameters are perfect btw. I just separated him from a clown tang that would attack him

IMG_0617.jpeg IMG_0612.jpeg
 
He is probably stressed and that lowered his resistance. You should set up a qt tank for him and treat him for what ever his illness is. Once we get better pics. Your other fish may or may not have to be treated. Once you solve all of this though, you will have to use an acclimation tank to introduce your tang into your hopefully bigger than 70 gallon tank. Or the tang police are going to be knocking on your door.
 
Getting closer/better photos will help, but I think I can see spots on the tail fin. That is a good indication that the problem is marine ich, not stress spots (those don't show up on fins). However, depending on how severely the clown tang attacked it, they could be fin damage from that.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new