Whats wrong with my clown :(

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to my clown looking like it grew a white nose and it having stringy white poop.

IMG_9283.png

Pebbleofdoom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white poos definitely look like worms, As for the nose it looks like a psychical injury most likely bonked his face on the glass or rock or against your lid. I would feed metroplex and watch his nose for infection

Last edited:

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stringy white poop is typically a sign of intestinal parasites. I can't really see the white nose you mention, but I do see what appears to be some significant impact marks? Has he been arguing with a powerhead recently?

If he's been swimming into a powerhead and has stringy poop, that could mean Velvet.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nose looks like fungal growth or something to me. Could be multiple issues going on here. Let's call in the expert @Jay Hemdal

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stringy white poop is typically a sign of intestinal parasites. I can't really see the white nose you mention, but I do see what appears to be some significant impact marks? Has he been arguing with a powerhead recently?

If he's been swimming into a powerhead and has stringy poop, that could mean Velvet.
I have a guard over the powerhead and its set relatively low in general. Not sure what could have caused such a bump!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to my clown looking like it grew a white nose and it having stringy white poop.

IMG_9283.png
Hi,
I’ll need some more backstory on this. At the top of this section is a link to “helpful hints” for making a disease post. Try to answer as much as you can. A short video might also help.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back