What's wrong with my flower pot coral?

jasonyin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
65
Reaction score
27
Location
Irvine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I've had this for 3 weeks now. You can tell the lower part of the coral is extending fine, whereas the top part is less open and more stiff. I've moved it around the tank and it's the same result... I've also had a red flower pot in the tank before and it didn't last for more than a few months.. I have a 30 Gallon Biocube with Steve's LED upgrade. I've got a maxima clam, a few hammers, Duncan, elegance, Zoas all doing great except for this flower pot... Any idea what might be causing this?
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 12.07.46 AM.png
 
It looks ok to me. In my experience with them when they are on the decline they go quickly and are usually more closed up than that. Yours looks To be happy enough. Double check your numbers and maybe spot feed him some
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new