What's wrong with my RBTA

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I've had this anenome for about 4 months now. It looked good for about a week but never looked good after that. It never moved from the spot that I put it and it has refused clam strips and mysis shrimp. I recently put it in my acclimation box because the foot was detached and I didn't want it dying behind my rocks. Any suggestions?

90 gal
20 gallon sump
2 hydra 52s
2 T5s
Icecape gyre 3k on random mode up to 50 percent
Ammonia-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0ppm
Calcium-420
Alk-12
Ph~8
Temp-79
Mg-1200
Phosphate-0.25
IMG_20200526_131458.jpg

Blknovass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close is it to the light? I have one the loves the brightest light it can get to and one that stayed away from direct light. What does the flow look like in the area the BTA is in?

OP
OP
B

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
It's been in about the middle of the tank and on the other side of the tank where the powerhead is. My understanding is that they would move toward their preferred light and flow area.

OP
OP
B

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
The tank and rocks were from an already running system. My water is about 7 months now

Blknovass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have not had much luck with a tank under a year old with Nems. But I never had cycled rocks. What kind of light are you running?

Blknovass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you got a lot of powerful lights. On my system I have a 60 gal cube and run a kessil a360we I would assume similar to your hydras. Have u tried to cut back on the light? What else is in the tank.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubble tip anemone in my 6 month old tank and it has been doing well. What I have learned from it is that they don't seem to like nitrates at 0, I used to run my nitrates in the tank at 1ppm. I boosted my nitrates to 5 and it seems much happier. I don't know about alk affecting them, never tried them in different alkalinity.
In my experience if it isn't happy with the light they will just move themselfs to lower light or even under a ledge to escape light.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stop target feeding it. Just feed the tank imo.

OP
OP
B

Baboon7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I only recently started target feeding it to try and help it. How do I boost my nitrate level? I also cut back the intensity of my lights and length for which they are on

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only recently started target feeding it to try and help it. How do I boost my nitrate level? I also cut back the intensity of my lights and length for which they are on
You can boost you nitrates by feeding more or you can dose nitrates. Just be careful and try to avoid doing what I did, I was impatient and added way too much and then had to fight to get them back under control.
I would only try one thing at a time though so you know what it likes. Try the lights for abit if that doesn't work try the nitrates and so on until you find what it likes

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back