Whats your biggest SPS colony?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TK_KW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2019
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
1,587
Location
Southern Ontario
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a trim maybe lol. My Ruby Ribbon is getting out of hand. Time for a cut back.

My Terra Red is around the same size. Nice and big

20211015_145847.jpg received_2659081990978898.jpeg
 
ORA mint chip pavona, about the size of a football now. Really needs a trimming.

I trimmed 99% of my coral about 4 months ago when I had to tear the tank down to have new floor put in.

Threw away about 40 heads of frogspawn, a huge chunk of green slimer(what some would call a mini colony lol), huge chunk of BC shades of fall, etc, etc.

I think I may have thrown away several hundred dollars in corals, but the closest LFS is a 3 hour drive one way, and I know no one near me that reefs.
 
ORA mint chip pavona, about the size of a football now. Really needs a trimming.

I trimmed 99% of my coral about 4 months ago when I had to tear the tank down to have new floor put in.

Threw away about 40 heads of frogspawn, a huge chunk of green slimer(what some would call a mini colony lol), huge chunk of BC shades of fall, etc, etc.

I think I may have thrown away several hundred dollars in corals, but the closest LFS is a 3 hour drive one way, and I know no one near me that reefs.
Never a good feeling when you need to throw stuff away. Have had a similar experience with my current panel change. Lost a bunch of coral unfortunately
 
I removed my tri color over a year ago. It was a very fast grower.
Its comming back as you can never get it all unless you remove the rock its on.
Currently this wild stag is my largest at over 10" diameter.
You can see the tri color upper left under the surf and turf.
20211016_131451.jpg
 
Not the biggest colony I’ve ever had, but definitely got the most satisfaction out of this one. It was about 8” across at its widest point when I broke down the tank

Highlighter Humilis
C4596B0A-7272-4983-A459-0BFC3D7A1822.jpeg

5DEB56EB-3F50-4717-8262-36937FCA391D.jpeg
Wow that color is brilliant
 
@revhtree nice large colony photos here. We should get this thread moving and see what other community photos we can come up with
 
16" oval Birdsnest

660g 8.23c.jpg


20" Monti

600g progress o.jpg


18" STRAWBERRY LEMONADE

1634775742526.png
 
Guys, this is so inspirational to me! Really im so jealous and at the same time very proud to see such big colonies grown in home reefs. Awesme guys! Wish I had to knowhow to grow corals like that.

Respect to all of you!
 
30 cm across. It was really bautifull when it was "natural round", but I have to break it at the left side preventing it from growing on the glass
 

Attachments

  • IMG-0202.jpg
    IMG-0202.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 132
Sadly these are all gone .
 

Attachments

  • 92903139-600A-410A-B07C-9BE894D87ADC.jpeg
    92903139-600A-410A-B07C-9BE894D87ADC.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 81D85AA9-2D4C-4BD2-9CC7-CF77741430A7.jpeg
    81D85AA9-2D4C-4BD2-9CC7-CF77741430A7.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 986058D0-7C19-43FC-8A9C-48DD9DBE2F25.jpeg
    986058D0-7C19-43FC-8A9C-48DD9DBE2F25.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 123

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new