- Joined
- Jan 9, 2025
- Messages
- 2,012
- Reaction score
- 2,526
- Location
- Cumberland
- What state or country do you live in
- Virginia
I’d like to get back into the hobby but trying to figure out what direction I want to go.
On one hand, I do want a large system but I’d have to wait probably another year or two until we finish our basement.
On the other hand, I’d like to do a small softie tank but don’t know whether I want to keep it simple with an HOB filter or get an AIO. Also not sure if I want to do a 5g or something closer to 20g
a cheap entry system is a Fluval evo 13.5g. lots of upgrades available online due to a crazy following.
can get at any petco.
stock light works well for softies.
for about $400 you can have a nice little system. If i was to set mine up again I would order the 5lbs rock and sand from gulf live rock, couple pieces of dry LR and maybe a 10 lb bag of sand from the LFS.
could start adding corals on day 1, cycle the tank and ad fish 2 weeks in.


