What's your other hobby?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mike werner, Jul 18, 2018.

1. mike werner

mike werner Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

So what's your other hobby?after reading threads for some time I noticed members have a wide variety of other hobbies they indulge in.i have three that I greatly enjoy.first and most is my tanks.second is my boat and the hobbies included with it like fishing,crabbing and just being on the water.third would be hunting when it's to cold to do the second one.i'm really interested in what our other members do when not reefing so please share your other passions if you have time between water changes.i look forward to the responses.reef on my fellow members.

Tags:

2. Krzydmnd

Krzydmnd Well-Known Member Reef Tank 365 Partner Member 2018

I own my own business so I kinda consider that a hobby. If I didn't, I'd be mad at myself for how much time I spend at work, lol!

I also have a few motorcycles and love to ride as much as possible between water changes and "work".

3. Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman Lets Go Snorkeling! R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

In no particular order, learning about almost anything, sharing with my wife, snorkeling, photography, beach walks & volunteering for the Bailey Matthews National Shell Museum, auto-crossing my Toyota 86, doing track days with my hot rod Miata, watching Formula 1 and Indy Car racing, doing upgrades around the house, playing at R2R, working at our butterfly garden (our entire yard), playing with a cat... BTW, how many hobbies are there?

4. 408Dartfish

408Dartfish Active Member

My other hobby is my old mopars I have a 65 and a 69 Dart and a 67 Plymouth Belvedere. Been getting neglected lately. Dustin

5. grassy_noel

grassy_noel Active Member

Road cycling (the lycra kind) and backpacking.

6. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Indecision may or may not be my problem. R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

I sometimes feel like I have too many hobbies.. :rolleyes:

Besides reefkeeping, I am also into freshwater aquariums, fishing (just about every type of fishing you can do in Florida), kayaking, boating, metal detecting, woodworking, animal training, diving, photography, videography, video gaming, CAD and Map design (I do that one for a living though), cars and trucks, and a ton of other interests that will probably be hobbies one day!

7. Cherie cook

Cherie cook Active Member R2R Supporter

Reading, and collecting marbles...and pets, lol!

esimison, Chrisfish, samnaz and 6 others like this.
  8. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Active Member

My Harleys, scuba, flying single engine aircraft.

9. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman Man of Many Caves R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Wait, there are hobbies other than aquariums?

Seriously, mine have whittled down over the years, especially as my family has grown. The only other two I really keep up with are playing music and following / studying financial markets and the global economy.

I also still read a lot.

10. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones The Gif-A-Nator R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

My other hobby is music and cars. I play bass (not in a band or anything, just something I enjoy doing at home) I have three basses and an electric guitar. I also enjoy working on vehicles. I haven't had any of my own cars to a shop in years. I do all my own work, along with family members vehicles :)
    20180511_153623.jpg

11. DracoKat

DracoKat Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Photography is my other hobby that I enjoy

12. Crabs Mcjones

Crabs Mcjones The Gif-A-Nator R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

A little sad to not see Shark Hunting on your list of credentials. ;Hilarious

13. Triggreef

Triggreef Zoa Addict R2R Supporter CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

Spending money.

14. Danny_M5

Danny_M5 Active Member

the gym

15. Greybeard

Greybeard Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Depends on your definition of 'hobby'...

The one other activity I'd call a 'hobby' is shooting. I'm a competitive shooter in several disciplines. Silhouette, IDPA, bullseye, CMP, etc. Even enjoy a round of trap once in a while. Just about anything having to do with firearms, really. I'm an NRA certified instructor in several categories... politically active in pro2A causes, etc.

I also have several 'pastimes' that I enjoy. I play pool, darts... games you can play with a drink in one hand :) I like woodworking. I like to turn a wrench, if it's not on my primary means of transportation. I don't have any project cars at the moment, but I'm looking for an old Jeep. Hiking, camping, fishing... just about anything out of doors.

16. Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart Valuable Member Reef Tank 365

Hobbies aren’t cheap. I feel like I do the most expensive ones. Scuba diving, snowboarding, golf and weights

17. Pntbll687

Pntbll687 Active Member

Reefing is probably my biggest hobby. Then would come working out, haven't done anything competitive in a few years, but I'm getting the itch to compete against others at something, so a power lifting meet may be in the future.

I have recently started shooting, and would like to compete at some point in a 3 gun competition.

18. MTBake

MTBake Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Recreational shooting and collecting antique firearms is my favorite hobby. I also reload my own ammo, so that's another hobby. I have a few reptiles, build plastic model kits, and jam some rc vehicles once in a while too.

19. CraftDaddy

CraftDaddy Member West Palm Beach Reefer

Living in South Florida fishing is definitely one of my hobbies. I also run craftdaddyblog.com where I review craft beer, craft beer breweries, and craft beer festivals. So if you ever need any Florida craft beer related info hit me up. Lastly, I have an almost 4 y/o little boy who keeps me pretty darn busy. ;Happy

20. Scott Jeffries

Scott Jeffries Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I like money pits. 20180718_162501.jpg

Light gardening
    20180718_162535.jpg
    Spending time with my son
    20180707_093824.jpg

Fishing
    Camping
    Woodworking

And anything that gets me out of the house!

Draft saved Draft deleted