When a Tang loves a Blenny (Funny Fish Video)

Giddyup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope for you it’s love ... I had the exact same two fish both competing bristle tooth herbivores... The kole harassed the lawnmower blenny by following and eating from same location all day that I had to remove and sold the kole tang. Make sure blenny is getting enough to eat and Kole doesn’t beat it to the punch all the time... Cute video .... Cheers!

OP
OP
sghera64

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope for you it’s love ... I had the exact same two fish both competing bristle tooth herbivores... The kole harassed the lawnmower blenny by following and eating from same location all day that I had to remove and sold the kole tang. Make sure blenny is getting enough to eat and Kole doesn’t beat it to the punch all the time... Cute video .... Cheers!

Ah, thank you for the heads up. Well, the blenny is a cow. . . I mean it is getting more than enough to eat. When I put a Nori clip in the tank, the blenny is usually there first and tends to get as much food as it wants. The Kole is pretty much a model citizen. If anything, it gets pushed around by the two yellow tangs. But it complies and keeps the peace.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid looks cool and I've never seen a tang do that to a blenny, especially as they are all grazers and compete for same food, and that is why your yellow backed into the blenny, an attempt to tail swipe it w/ it's spike, hopefully the blenny does not get nailed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back