When an anemone splits - parent & child anemone placement Q

Mr & Mrs Hartz

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I know anemones can’t be near each other, we have 4 -- 2 large long tentacles, a rainbow bubble tip and a rock flower, but if an anemone splits is it different if the child anemone is nearby the parent one vs just placing any 2 anemones together? I ask because I’ve seen videos and photos online about splitting and the child/children anemone were afterward planted nearby the parent. My rainbow bubble tip had started splitting.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I know anemones can’t be near each other, we have 4 -- 2 large long tentacles, a rainbow bubble tip and a rock flower, but if an anemone splits is it different if the child anemone is nearby the parent one vs just placing any 2 anemones together? I ask because I’ve seen videos and photos online about splitting and the child/children anemone were afterward planted nearby the parent. My rainbow bubble tip had started splitting.
Children anemones can be touching the parent absolutely no problem. The anemones will walk around and place themselves. I usually gather all the children and put them into a box to make it easier to sell them.

dvgyfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think it is species related, for example, bubble tips can touch one another, pic total of 5 of my anemones all touching. I’d like to think they are holding hands

Attachments

• E3F8FFF7-62A0-40EF-BFF4-A78BC91C3BC0.jpeg
    E3F8FFF7-62A0-40EF-BFF4-A78BC91C3BC0.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 82
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Rob W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Children anemones can be touching the parent absolutely no problem. The anemones will walk around and place themselves. I usually gather all the children and put them into a box to make it easier to sell them.
Hello
What do you mean when you say you put them in a box. I am new to all of this and want to learn as much as I can.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
GTA Reef