When can I restart my refugium after Dino X?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! First off, I am thrilled with Dino X.

I carefully calculated my water volume, dosed as recommended, and within 24 hours saw results.

I had an incredibly fast, and bad case of dino all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago, ran to the store and got Dino X and instantly saw a change.

Within 3-4 doses almost all algae in the tank was gone, and I've done 7 total doses with my last being yesterday.

I don't feel the need to continue any more as all of the dino (and everything else) was gone within a few days, and I'd like to get all my equipment back up and running.
I have not noticed any death in my heavily stocked frag tank, lots of coral and inverts, and some mollies, but I have noticed much slower growth.

Fauna Marin recommend restarting standard water changes 1 week after final dose, but when do I restart everything else?

When can I resume using...
- Refugium
- GFO/Carbon reactor
- SPS foods

Should I turn all of that back to normal after a water change in 6 days (7 days after last dose)?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for an incredible product that actually worked!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the treatment work? I would call Fauna Marin or the place where you purchased the Dino X and ask them. What does the bottle state when you can restart those?

OP
OP
MakerofThings

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the treatment work? I would call Fauna Marin or the place where you purchased the Dino X and ask them. What does the bottle state when you can restart those?
Yeah, it worked. I explained that it worked.

Fauna Marin don't state when to restart specific equipment, hence my asking here in the Fauna Marin forum.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI , usually w2 days after the last dosing you can start all other equipment also algea filters Refugiums etc.
Please also do a ICP and check your halogen and Trace element levels, The reason for Dinos is to find there. If you like we can support you in this case

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back