OP
OP
bday1335

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I don't think it ever ends! You see all of these beautiful TOTM's with their negative space, and you strive to be like that . Then you buy, buy, buy, and then your tank gets so full and it just looks ... chaotic! G'bye future TOTM! (well, for me anyways haha) Seriously, I think the bigger challenge is to resist the buying, not the actual coral care! lol

Great thread! I thought I was the only one :)
Thank you!!!! Figured my first thread on here could be a fun one, not complaining about something or a generic "WHAT IS THIS" haha

OP
OP
bday1335

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it never ends I just replace an older coral or one that I am not feeling any more with the new ones. I am currently giving away an acan to a friend to make room for a new bounce that was such a good deal I could not say no
Knowing someone else will appreciate that acan is a great gesture! Good for you! Way better than throwing it out to make room!!

Printed Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I am not the only one who feels like their tank is fully stocked with coral, but then you browse and see something you HAVE to add...

With all these live sales, and huge promotions going on weekly it seems, I find myself wondering if I will ever stop buying coral!

My question is when do you slap yourself and say enough is enough, or does that time ever come?
Couldn't have described how I feel any better. This has been one expensive hobby!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never ends ..ok im going to say it ...IM ADDICTED .. IS THERE A THERAPIST THAT TREATS CORAL ADDICTION? L.O.L.

Yes I call her my wife. However in exchange for you giving me some coral I can have her come over and smack you around everytime you buy something also.

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will end when you switch from wanting to catch them all, to wanting to create a beautiful piece of art and not need to touch it for a while.
Across all aquarium hobbies and similar ones it seems to take a major life event that changes your perspective of time ans cash on hand.
I’ve also seen it when a tank explodes and the entire family is misplaced foe a month because the house is being remodeled. Flood insurance usually doesn’t count aquariums.
Before Apex and all the new toys were available widely, one individual set up his tank to be remote controlled and watched with a webcam because he had to travel internationally for a few years. He still purchased née stuff.

Addictions are difficult to overcome. I’ve been unsuccessfully attempting for 16 years with mixed success.

Or, you do what many have done and rent warehouse space to house your collection. Aquaculture business sounds less of an addiction to some.
-Andrew

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those of you who get rid of old coral that you don't care for anymore, do any of you end up buying it back months later??!?? lol!

DWPhilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My display tank was getting hectic with frags all over the place, and coral war starting to break out.

So I setup a growout / frag tank to move some of the frags into. This allows the DT to be less cluttered, it also increases the urge to buy more when I see the open space in the frag tank.

reeferZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This never ends. I have a good stock level, but theres always somewhere to mount a coral (overflow boxes, magnets on glass). Agreed I will sell off colonies of things I'm tired of

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because my tank is so small I really have to be choosy about what I buy. I'm at the point where I really only want higher-end stuff and so I've been selling/giving away stuff that no longer interests me.
Just get more tanks.

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just buy another tank, then another, then another. Eventually you run out of room and time. You aren’t buying a bigger tank but buying a bigger house.
Running 7 reef tanks at hole , 1 in office. Not even counting the freshwater ones.
Each reef tank has its own biome, and personality.

paul barker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this will be the last coral I get my tank is to new to put it in now so I hope I will be around when I am ready

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-202233_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-202233_Samsung Internet.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210209-202224_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-202224_Samsung Internet.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 30

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this will be the last coral I get my tank is to new to put it in now so I hope I will be around when I am ready
Wow, an amazing looking coral. I don't trust myself nearly enough to buy a $1k coral, but maybe one day.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back