When to bring cheto reactor online

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
690
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering..... when does everyone bring there algae reactor online on a new system? I have a tank cycling for about 3 weeks now and am not sure when I should think about getting some chaeto and throwing it in the reactor
 
I was just wondering..... when does everyone bring there algae reactor online on a new system? I have a tank cycling for about 3 weeks now and am not sure when I should think about getting some chaeto and throwing it in the reactor
You cycling with dry rock? I like all the microfauna/pods in my tank. There just might not be any phosphates/nitrates to feed the chaeto.
 
During my long cycle with dry rock and dry sand, my nitrites and nitrates would not come down. Nitrites over 1.0 and nitrates 50+. I put chaeto in my reactor around day 25. Finally after 40 days tank has cycled and everything is zero. Should I pull my chaeto or leave it? Really didn't intend for nitrates to go to zero. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but providing more info. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new