Where are all the stratosphere zoas???!!

spidercrab

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
340
Reaction score
274
Location
New Orleans
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant seem to find many of these available. Anyone care to share their colonies? I'd like to see what a large colony of these would looks like or at least a nice size cluster of mature polyps rather than just a tiny baby on a single plug.
 
Melted, because they all come from mariculture farms and are hacked up right after import and sold before they turn to goo. As is what happens with many of these types.
 
Melted, because they all come from mariculture farms and are hacked up right after import and sold before they turn to goo. As is what happens with many of these types.

Not true vendors have rarely gotten them... Only a few times in the last 6 years... If they were maricultured you better believe they would be coming in every shipment and every wholesaler/retailer would have them listed for sell(who wouldnt want to make 500$ per polyp)... I had them for a while with no trouble they grew fast just like any other zoa and fragged well. I think the main reason they are scarce is because people just chop them ever smaller and never grow them out..
 
They're definitely maricultured, krakatoas are maricultured by GMP, where are the plane loads of those? About $500 for a disc of polyps like that. As are the other rare one's, like the OG campfires. Every time I see them they're on a base like that, and are hacked up just after import. They're obviously melty as can be, as are similar polyps like kraks and others. If they grow well and frag easy where are they? :)
 
Last edited:
How are you seeing these large maricultured colonies 0f stratospheres that have never before been photoed? If they were maricultured I'm pretty sure that more than 2 retailers in the last 6 years would have sold some of them....
 
Didn't you just say you have a big colony of them that did just fine? Fo you have a pic? I posed a valid question about the other ones that are also maricultured. My point being a lot of these big puffy polyps that come in on discs like strats and kraks usually don't last long.
 
IMG_0033.JPG
something like this?
 
Didn't you just say you have a big colony of them that did just fine? Fo you have a pic? I posed a valid question about the other ones that are also maricultured. My point being a lot of these big puffy polyps that come in on discs like strats and kraks usually don't last long.

I had 25 polyps they did frag very well even the tiniest polyps survived.

IMG_5999.jpg
 
There were multiple colonies of these up for grabs about a year ago from someone up north in Canada. When I was doing wholesale I was offered them but those people were off their rocker with pricing. I'll be danged if I pay $900 wholesale per cluster of zoas.
I think they melted on the guy because I never saw them on the market.
The ones Ben got came from Reef Master overseas
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new