Where are all the stratosphere zoas???!!

spidercrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant seem to find many of these available. Anyone care to share their colonies? I'd like to see what a large colony of these would looks like or at least a nice size cluster of mature polyps rather than just a tiny baby on a single plug.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melted, because they all come from mariculture farms and are hacked up right after import and sold before they turn to goo. As is what happens with many of these types.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melted, because they all come from mariculture farms and are hacked up right after import and sold before they turn to goo. As is what happens with many of these types.

Not true vendors have rarely gotten them... Only a few times in the last 6 years... If they were maricultured you better believe they would be coming in every shipment and every wholesaler/retailer would have them listed for sell(who wouldnt want to make 500$ per polyp)... I had them for a while with no trouble they grew fast just like any other zoa and fragged well. I think the main reason they are scarce is because people just chop them ever smaller and never grow them out..

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're definitely maricultured, krakatoas are maricultured by GMP, where are the plane loads of those? About $500 for a disc of polyps like that. As are the other rare one's, like the OG campfires. Every time I see them they're on a base like that, and are hacked up just after import. They're obviously melty as can be, as are similar polyps like kraks and others. If they grow well and frag easy where are they? :)

Last edited:

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you seeing these large maricultured colonies 0f stratospheres that have never before been photoed? If they were maricultured I'm pretty sure that more than 2 retailers in the last 6 years would have sold some of them....

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you just say you have a big colony of them that did just fine? Fo you have a pic? I posed a valid question about the other ones that are also maricultured. My point being a lot of these big puffy polyps that come in on discs like strats and kraks usually don't last long.

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0033.JPG
something like this?

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you just say you have a big colony of them that did just fine? Fo you have a pic? I posed a valid question about the other ones that are also maricultured. My point being a lot of these big puffy polyps that come in on discs like strats and kraks usually don't last long.

I had 25 polyps they did frag very well even the tiniest polyps survived.

IMG_5999.jpg

Clayalaleona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were multiple colonies of these up for grabs about a year ago from someone up north in Canada. When I was doing wholesale I was offered them but those people were off their rocker with pricing. I'll be danged if I pay $900 wholesale per cluster of zoas.
I think they melted on the guy because I never saw them on the market.
The ones Ben got came from Reef Master overseas

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back