Where can I get amphipods?

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can get amphipods online? I have a pygmy waspfish and I wanna get a steady colony of them in my larger system before moving him there from my nano, but I wanna make sure they’re aquacultured and idk where I can find that. TSA has been out of stock for months now.
 
They definitely look promising but it says “coming soon” on the amphipods despite there already being customer reviews. Am I looking at the wrong page?
Probably just between batches. I've bought from them multiple times with good results.
 
Thanks everyone! I was going to buy from rusalty because they had large packs of amphipods available, but I came across this thread and decided not to do it:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rusalty.829661/
I managed to get ahold of the last two 15 packs from reefbysteele so I’ll just put them in my refugium and feed them until they populate more.
 
Thanks everyone! I was going to buy from rusalty because they had large packs of amphipods available, but I came across this thread and decided not to do it:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rusalty.829661/
I managed to get ahold of the last two 15 packs from reefbysteele so I’ll just put them in my refugium and feed them until they populate more.
Whoa that’s wild lol. I won’t be using them again either.
 
If you live near to the sea
Turn the rocks over and there will be amphipods as many as you want for free
I have been doing this the last 3 years not a problem
 
If you live near to the sea
Turn the rocks over and there will be amphipods as many as you want for free
I have been doing this the last 3 years not a problem
Ugh I wish, unfortunately lake michigan isn’t made of saltwater :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new