Where did all my fish go?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very possible did you see the fish planning after feeding time?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to think mine escaped to the ocean too. Although, it would be quite a trip from southern ohio. Go fish go. You can make it!

Sgolden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had mysteries. I have only found 2 fish after dying out of maybe 8. But, most fish are meat eaters.

OP
OP
CaptainCooke

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GUYS. I FOUND THE SIX LINE WRASSE ALIVE! He has spent the last week and a half chilling in a filter sock.
Strangely ... I did check all the socks and switched them out when I was looking for him. So my best guess is he was hiding somewhere in the sump and I missed him then he jumped into the sock on a different escape attempt.

Still missing the other two escapees.

A net covering is on the way!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you look under the stand? A fish may have flopped underneath. Also any buckets, boxes, vases etc nearby? I’ve heard of fish being found days later in a bucket 3 ft away from a tank. And yes, chromis jump. I’ve found 2 behind the tank in a previous set up

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The six line probably cleaned the sump pretty well of pods. Good he is found. Weird all of this happened in one night. No sure if you have checked your tank for stray voltage, but that can cause fish to start acting abnormally and trying to find ways out.

OP
OP
CaptainCooke

CaptainCooke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The six line probably cleaned the sump pretty well of pods. Good he is found. Weird all of this happened in one night. No sure if you have checked your tank for stray voltage, but that can cause fish to start acting abnormally and trying to find ways out.
I have not checked this? How does one go about checking for this? I can see how this would make them jump.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not checked this? How does one go about checking for this? I can see how this would make them jump.

Stole this from another user,
"Using a multimeter/VOM set to AC Volts, put one probe in the water and the second on a good ground. I use either the ground plug in an outlet or the little screw on the cover plate of the outlet. That's it".

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that you found the six line. The Chromis may still be in there somewhere. A buddy of mine had 2 gobies vanish, only to reappear a month later in a 20 gallon reef. Hell, my Flame Hawk hid itself in my 55 for a couple days, and I only have 4 pvc fittings and a chunk of barnacle. It was under the barnacles.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back