Where do you Buy a Tank

BryanJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought a 120 and a sump from glass cages buying a 150 from them in a couple of months. They have great customer service and imo they build a quality tank. I would not be buying number 3 if they didn't make a good product

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RDUB58 I ordered mine from SC Aquariums and it was flawless. I hate to take business from my LFS but they didnt offer what I wanted. So I had to source it myself. The link below is the 120 gal I ordered and I have no regrets.

IMG_20200109_211339406.jpg IMG_20200126_154330959.jpg
I just had my 2nd tank of this show up today (cracked the first one). Both have been beautiful. That tank, drilled, and delivered to your door, for $900 was by far the best deal I was able to find. TBD on the longevity but totally agree with this take on first impressions.

Also have a 40g frag tank in the works from Glass Cages.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have is literally Petco and Petsmart and a suffering local pet store. When I call stores it seems like they "might get one," or "don't carry those."

Where exactly can one buy a tank? I guess I can order online...just feels scary too.

Thanks everyone for the tips.
Why is it scary? How do you think the stores get them in stock?

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have is literally Petco and Petsmart and a suffering local pet store. When I call stores it seems like they "might get one," or "don't carry those."

Where exactly can one buy a tank? I guess I can order online...just feels scary too.

you have many options online. many.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have some great LFS's but they are making way to much money off fish and corals to deal much with the hassle of tanks. You might find some red sea's and some smaller AIO's but not much else. They might order something for you but tell you that you have to get it home. Last tank I bought was my 200 DSA (former Oceanic that also went bust) and I waited through months of games to get that. It was delivered by semi and basically dumped on the driveway crated at 900 pounds. I want another smaller tank and still not sure who I will buy from. Petco and PetSmart tend to have the most but they tend to be lower quality. I had my share of issues in my early hobby years with those types of tanks/stands including my first, a 55 AGA/Aqueon that burst.

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always go used. Budget is tight. I look at letgo, offerup and craigslist. I live in northern nj near (10 min from) NYC

Raymond3457

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glasscages.com

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered two tanks online and had them shipped. Both came well packages with no damage. I'm in a similar boat with only petco and 1 very small pet store in the mall. I get what I can for the small store and everything else I order, as I said I haven't had any issues yet... knock on wood.
Sorry for replying to old post. Where did you purchase tanks from?

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said check out SCAquariums. Don’t get put off by the crappy website. I bought a 90 system earlier this year on a killer deal. 12mm Low iron glass, stand, sump, skimmer for around $1k - and the best part - delivered free. The build quality is excellent and a lower price than Red Sea who appear to be having lots of quality problems lately. Check out the S.C. aquariums Facebook group. Lots of great experiences. It is a small business with great customer service.

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gf got a new living room floor so I got a SC Aquariums 90gal i Will be setting up in a few weeks but the build quality is great flawless straight seam! For the money and free shipping can’t go wrong. The owner even emails you a thank you for buying it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back