Where do you buy tour fish online?

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious where most of you buy your fish online and why. I've ordered from Saltwaterfish.com, Liveaquaria.com and just placed my first order with reefs4less.com. I'd love to hear your feedback and I know others would too! Thank you....Reefchic

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only one I stay away from now is LiveAquaria, they’ve gone so far downhill the last few years, even Diver’s Den fish, I think are a risky gamble.

If I’m searching for fish, I’ll typically check these places out:

- TSMAquatics: pricey and limited selection, but fully quarantined fish
- ReefPro: rare and expensive fish, somewhat frustrating communication pre-shipment (even delayed shipments), but they pack extremely well, I’ve ordered fish from them that arrived 40 hours later than expected who survived the extended time in-bag
- BlueZooAquatics: very trustworthy and older company
- NYAquatic: they’re local so I’ll usually just pick up. Mike’s a decent guy to deal with, but there can be issues with fulfillment/scheduling. Some people swear to stay away from them, but I’ve only had healthy fish from them.
- Biota: Captive-bred, straight from the source

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to experience fishotel.com. I've tried almost all the QT vendors and this one is the best. @Dierks is starting a new custom order now actually:

jpughmom757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious where most of you buy your fish online and why. I've ordered from Saltwaterfish.com, Liveaquaria.com and just placed my first order with reefs4less.com. I'd love to hear your feedback and I know others would too! Thank you....Reefchic
Wish i could help! I really like to shop small local stores for my fish so i can see them and inspect them i do buy all of my coral online and have had impeccable customer service. And amazing quality corals love finding the blitz sales.

I did order some cleanup crew from salwaterfish no complaints here.

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will only buy QT'd or ORA from saltwateraquarium.com. I haven't tried Biota yet but I plan on it. Both Dr. Reef and ORA fish have been great. If I can't get what I want farm raised I go to DR. Reef and even still he carries some farm raised fish. Lots of respect for those masters of the QT process but it is not for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back