Where is your tank located??

  • Thread starter Thread starter txreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

txreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
329
Reaction score
331
Location
texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone posts pic of their tank but we never get to see how its a part of the room. I thought it would be neat to see how everyone has integrated or taken over a room whatever your prefrence. so post those full room pictures and show how your tank is incorporated in to your home and daily life. (ill post mine as soon as it gets here)
 
94199d3bc0375dae3937ac68b2344e1d.jpg


Dining room
 
I shave stressed more than once....the worst location is at or near a window. You get direct and indirect light which leads to algae issues. The sun's are very strong and can penetrate blinds and curtains alike.
Additionally, they transfer both heat and cold from windows to aquariums.
 
This is a basement?? Beautiful room !!!
 
In the new fish room, was the kids front play room a month ago but now they only have their rooms and a upstairs loft for their toys, once this gets plumbed and cycled my wife wants to make it a formal sitting room.
8-18-18.jpg
 
NOTHING PERSONAL AGAINST WOMEN, JUST MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

When building the home I made the mistake of letting my then wife now ex wife be in charge of the house plans while I was zipping around everywhere for 6 months on business.

Due to our budget and her wanting everything fancy-schmancy top of the line like a $450 toilet and a $900 kitchen sink faucet combo just to give you an idea.

The house is not really all that big approximately 1100 square feet. So it took awhile for me to figure out where to put my 125 gallon tank. After our divorce. It ended up Breaking All the Rules by going in front of the living room window underneath the ceiling vent which is actually turned off now.
I have thick blackout curtains to avoid the morning sunlight shining in on the tank. kind of puts me in mind of a funeral home.
 
That basement is nicer than my whole house

Well it helps that about a year ago, my upstairs neighbor had a fire that wrecked our entire place. I was able to rehab the whole place on the insurance company’s dime.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new