Where should I put my Maxima?

John Minnix

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
106
Reaction score
50
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I just picked up this six inch maxima today. I have it under one of my Hydra AI lights but towards the bottom. Is this a good spot for it?

Any other advice? It was a bit of an impulse buy. It was on sale for $90 and I've seen these usually go for $150+, so I went for it. I'm hoping I can keep it alive.

John

IMG_3830.jpg


IMG_3831.jpg


IMG_3832.jpg
 
Very nice clam. I would look for a spot higher as a large maxima requires a decent amount of light.
Thanks. I could put it up towards the middle, but would an anemone sting a clam? I'd be worried about that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new